Georgia vote

Run Hershel Run!

We need to try our best to keep the Senate 50/50. Libs will have a lot more power if they have 51 seats.

Run Hershel Run!

We need to try our best to keep the Senate 50/50. Libs will have a lot more power if they have 51 seats.
How? Dem’s control Senate regardless of GA outcome. VP breaks Senate 50/50 tie, and I suspect she is a reliable liberal vote. Takes 60 votes in the Senate to pass a bill, except for some appointment conformations.

How? Dem’s control Senate regardless of GA outcome. VP breaks Senate 50/50 tie, and I suspect she is a reliable liberal vote. Takes 60 votes in the Senate to pass a bill, except for some appointment conformations.

The committees will be 50/50 if it stays even. Otherwise the democrats get a bigger share.

The committees will be 50/50 if it stays even. Otherwise the democrats get a bigger share.
And these committees can do what in a 51-49 Senate that they can’t in a 50-50 Senate? I see grid lock either way and no noticeable difference in legislative outcomes either way. Maybe I am missing something.

All 51 means as far as I can see, is one Dem can’t hold up an appointment. Would take 2, assuming the R’s band together.

Winning Georgia now makes a difference, potentially a big one, in '24.

Problem is Kevin that "Republicans" like our own Murkowski can swing it the other way . Heck even Sullivan has mostly been a spineless simp.

Problem is Kevin that "Republicans" like our own Murkowski can swing it the other way . Heck even Sullivan has mostly been a spineless simp.
Though to be fair, it cuts both ways. Manchin and Sinema have been helpful on our side - particularly with respect to the filibuster.

Hershel Walker isn't qualified to be a pizza delivery driver let alone a United States Senator. 2026 will be the GOP's opportunity to knock out Ossoff but only if they nominate a sensible candidate.

Hershel Walker isn't qualified to be a pizza delivery driver let alone a United States Senator. 2026 will be the GOP's opportunity to knock out Ossoff but only if they nominate a sensible candidate.

Why?
(1) because he’s “Trumps” candidate (2) has not worked his way up the food chain of politics (3) has not had 5 years of toastmasters for public speaking?

I think most folks would prefer not to have a beholden politician. That’s why Trump is so popular. The R’s might have had more success in the midterms if “the turtle” had backed some of those candidates, instead of saying they are bad candidates because they were back by Trump.

I think that is a pretty ugly comment.

According to his financial disclosure for his run for senate, his business ventures have earned him at least $29 million. The Daily Beast and other democrat rags have tried to undermine his business claims. Like a lot of entrepreneurs, he has succeeded in some and been less successful in others. But the disclosure form was prepared by his attorneys and will withstand scrutiny. Not bad wealth accumulation for someone not qualified to deliver a pizza. Curious how you stack up in comparison? He has certainly outperformed me.

Or maybe you don't like the way he talks? Not articulate enough? That is very thin ice to embark upon when judging a black candidate. Were Walker a democrat the press in this country would howling racism over the way he has been criticized and treated. But he isn't, so he safely can be called things like unqualified to deliver pizza by you.

I think that is a pretty ugly comment.

According to his financial disclosure for his run for senate, his business ventures have earned him at least $29 million. The Daily Beast and other democrat rags have tried to undermine his business claims. Like a lot of entrepreneurs, he has succeeded in some and been less successful in others. But the disclosure form was prepared by his attorneys and will withstand scrutiny. Not bad wealth accumulation for someone not qualified to deliver a pizza. Curious how you stack up in comparison? He has certainly outperformed me.

Or maybe you don't like the way he talks? Not articulate enough? That is very thin ice to embark upon when judging a black candidate. Were Walker a democrat the press in this country would howling racism over the way he has been criticized and treated. But he isn't, so he safely can be called things like unqualified to deliver pizza by you.
If you look at some of his past comments, you will have better understanding.

This election is confused and upside down. Walker would appear to tick more of the attributes boxes that the left is comfortable with, but they have religious pastor on their card instead. That must give them a challenge or two. One would have thought that the directors of this play would be at pains to bury the personalities and just push their political standpoints.

And these committees can do what in a 51-49 Senate that they can’t in a 50-50 Senate? I see grid lock either way and no noticeable difference in legislative outcomes either way. Maybe I am missing something.

All 51 means as far as I can see, is one Dem can’t hold up an appointment. Would take 2, assuming the R’s band together.
Committees control much of the advancement in various areas. A 50/50 would be better for these nominations and votes coming out of the committee before full votes

what are your thoughts on the dipshit, stroke victim senator from Pennsylvania? is he a worthy candidate? the democrats would vote in a dementia patient for president if they thought it would give them power, oh thats right, THEY DID DO THAT!!

by the way, who is actually making policy and running the office of the president? not joe, the guy the democrats voted in. he can barely get on and off a stage.

i have heard some of the racist comments from Walkers opponent, the "reverend" Warnock, yeah, pretty solid choice for a democrat.

I apologize, but I really don't think this is the website/forum for political talk.
Why not? No offense, if you do not want to read or contribute...you do not need to click on it.

A lot of smart educated people bring different perspective to different subjects. Believe it or not politicians have a say in what we do. Don't believe that try to get a lion or elephant imported to the US.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LeviHyde3

Latest profile posts

Redfishga1 wrote on gearguywb's profile.
I would be interested in the ruger if the other guy is not.
Bartbux wrote on franzfmdavis's profile.
Btw…this was Kuche….had a great time.
Sorry to see your troubles on pricing.

Happy to call you and talk about experience…I’m also a Minnesota guy.
Ready for the next hunt