Garmin Inreach Explorer+ - Sat Communicator, GPS, SOS

rookhawk

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Member of
NRA Life Benefactor, Trout Unlimited, Safari Club International
I have one with box and papers. This model has the GPS map option where you can upload garmin maps into it so it can serve as a GPS, plus a satellite communication / texting device, and has the emergency SOS feature.

$265 shipped free in the lower 48 states. (I think I paid $450 but its just sitting around, so letting it go) Payment via Paypal F&F, Venmo, Zelle, or cash with local pickup.

IMG_0580.JPG

I have the mini version of this.
I can attest that it will work for texting and GPS around the globe. I have used my in Antarctica, on the North Slope of Alaska, in Namibia and the Caribbean. It literally works everywhere.

I also have this model which I loaned to a co worker. He went on a whitewater rafting trip in South America. We were able to follow his progress here at home and he texted every evening. A very cool piece of technology

With new and upgraded Technology when did you purchase your Inreach?
Is it new or used?

I bought it about 3 years ago, maybe as little as 2 years. At most it was on one safari, perhaps zero. The first person to post has first right of refusal. The newer models are nothing but a battery and antenna, reliant on an iphone to do anything. This one holds maps and can be used by itself, or bluetooth tethered to an iphone. Purchased from Erehwon in Schaumburg, IL for a hunt with my son. The camp had wifi, so we didn't use it at all to my recollection. Condition is 99.9%.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarinaWyan

Latest profile posts

EC HUNTING SAFARIS wrote on MarcoPani's profile.
Happy Birthday, from Grahamstown, South Africa.
I hope your day is great!
Cheers
Marius
EC HUNTING SAFARIS wrote on Ilkay Taskin's profile.
Happy Birthday from Grahamstown, South Africa! I hope you have a great day!
Cheers, Marius
idjeffp wrote on Jon R15's profile.
Hi Jon,
I saw your post for the .500 NE cases. Are these all brass or are they nickel plated? Hard for me to tell... sorry.
Thanks,
Jeff [redacted]
Boise, ID
[redacted]