Fyi: Account was Hacked

@ldmay375, I want to be very clear as the headline is not accurate, unequivocally your account was not hacked on AH. If anything the password that you used on AH you had used the same password or similar elsewhere where a data breach was experienced. You may even had used the same username which makes it that much easier for someone who buys your information on the dark web to execute a scam.

I recommend to you as I do to everyone here to use unique password for every account, especially if you are going to use the same username or email address to log in.

At this point @ldmay375 I highly recommend that you change all password that you used the same or similar to the one that was compromised so something worse does not happen.

For information @ldmay375 referred to this offer:
 
By the way, @ldmay375 was kind enough to contact me and provide with his ID so I could restore his account.
 
I'm thinking @ldmay375 wife was just trying to sell off some of his guns. It's the kind of threat many of us have to be vigilant about.
 
First I would like to commend Idmay375 for finding he had been hacked and reporting it and hopefully no harm has been committed.

Secondly I would like to thank Brickburn for getting Idmay375's account back in order, (and hopefully in good standings,:unsure::LOL:).

Seriously for Everyone Here's what I recommend as Guidelines For Personal Information Security:

1. Never use the same user name more than once.

2. Never use the same password more than once. Especially if you are having to use the same email address for multiple accounts to login.

3. (Especially for us old folks with CRS syndrome) Keep a log book/ ledger/ journal/etc. of the various user names, passwords, and PINS you use and Keep It Secure:
a. To help remember the correct user name, password and PINS to login with.
b. So when you change/update your
account(s) login password(s) and PINS you know which passwords you have already used so as not to reuse them in the future.
c. You Should Never use any personal information in or as part of your password(s) and PINS.

If or When you have to answer or respond to security questions, Never use your real information: i.e. pet's name, mother's maiden name, high school, etc.. Never use any part of your Social Security Number, Passport Number, Driver's License Number, Your's or Any Family Members' Birthdates (or Combination there of i.e. wife's birth month, son's birthday, daughter's birth year, etc.).

4. Routinely change your passwords and PINS, (optimumly weekly, preferably every 30 days, but at maximum every 90 days)(Yes, it is a pain in the a$$, but the bigger pain is when your having to deal with identity thieft!).

Just my 2¢.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,258
Messages
1,570,022
Members
168,804
Latest member
macloro
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
rdog wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Bob i was at Rebel gun works last Friday they had once fired 25/20 brass in their up stairs section , how are the knees going?
hunted So Africa 4 times and more to come
 
Top