Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI, Wild Sheep Foundation, American Bear Foundation
Hunted
USA-IL,MO,MN,ME; Canada-Manitoba; South Africa
Listing for sale a Rigby rifle in 375 H&H.

circa 1925. I sent off for the letter from Rigby, and it appears like it was originally chambered in 350 Magnum, and rebored at some point. I don't have any further information on that, other than Diggory Hadoke said it was a fairly common alteration. It shoots very well. I haven't shot using the 300 and 400 leaves but the fixed 100 shoots well.

Weight: 7lb 14 oz
LOP: 15.25"
Barrel: 23.25"
Capacity: 5

Its in great shape for its age. Everything down to the ivory bead and the rear leaves seem to be in great shape. The wood is solid with a few nicks, the checkering is in good shape. Metals and blueing good, the end of the barrel blueing is worn. The barrel sling mount seems a bit worn to me but nothing to base it on. Flag safety with gold inlay in good shape. I had planned to send it off to JJ Perodeau and have him go through it and had not gotten to it yet. I am curious to know if anything else was changed. It appears to be all original but I am not an expert, someone on here will certainly know more than me.
rig1.JPG
rig2.JPG
rig3.JPG
rig4.JPG
rig5.JPG
rig6.JPG
rig7.JPG
rig7.JPG
rig8.JPG
rig9.JPG
rig10.JPG

Let me know if more pictures are needed or more information. I bought this rifle earlier this summer out of an estate sale with no plans to sell it. I was content to own a neat piece of history. But, some acreage that connects to the family properly has come up for sale and we are jumping on it, so a few things have to go.

Asking $7,500. Shipped and insured to FFL. Thank you!

Attachments

Wow so wish I was in the States that would be gone!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SteffenWkl

Latest profile posts

EC HUNTING SAFARIS wrote on MarcoPani's profile.
Happy Birthday, from Grahamstown, South Africa.
I hope your day is great!
Cheers
Marius
EC HUNTING SAFARIS wrote on Ilkay Taskin's profile.
Happy Birthday from Grahamstown, South Africa! I hope you have a great day!
Cheers, Marius
idjeffp wrote on Jon R15's profile.
Hi Jon,
I saw your post for the .500 NE cases. Are these all brass or are they nickel plated? Hard for me to tell... sorry.
Thanks,
Jeff [redacted]
Boise, ID
[redacted]