Frustration with doctor

It’s been discussed here a few times. It seems mostly only individuals with extremely fair skin have that reaction. I’ve never had an issue with sunburn while using it if I apply sunscreen once in the morning including Namibia.
I’ve more than a fair dose of South Pacific bloody in me and fair screen is not a description I’ve been called. Also as Ive said before, from my observation on other people on doxycycline, when working in Africa it has nothing to do with skin tone but a side effect of the drug itself. Sunscreen didn’t help. But gloves and hats did as well as changing meds or staying out of the sun.

One avenue that has not been discussed is your dentist. They can prescribe. My dentist sent me to Africa with Augmentin. I had broken a tooth that was scheduled for a crown just before I left. He wanted to make sure I didn’t have any flareups or tooth aches while traveling. He also asks about my hunt trips.

As to an ear infection, my ENT has told me for years that they are hard to treat with antibiotics. Prednisone might have been a better alternative for the original poster as it will reduce the swelling and let stuff drain. That said, every time I get prednisone I gain weight, don’t sleep, and get snippy (according to my wife the RN).

Going to Africa without a course of CIPRO or another antibiotic is just foolish. Any Dr worth the title knows what you could get into over there. And yes, folks who spend a lot of time in third world environments do know more about the potential dangers than many doctors. A good Dr will prove a scrip for antibiotics when you are traveling into a high risk area.
I always take three medications to Africa; Doxycycline for tick viruses, Cipro for wound infections and a medication in case I get Montizomas revenge

I've been nursing an ear issue this week and my wife had a lot of congestion. We both took a Rona test Wednesday and both negative. As we are headed to RSA next week, I figured a trip to the doctor would be good prevention. I made an appt yesterday and I went to the local quack shack this morning. I've seen this doctor before and she's always been real thorough. Not today. She asked me what ailed me, so I gave her the symptoms. She looked in my ear, and not my throat, and said you've got allergies and they've backed up into your ear. "Keep taking your allergy meds and advil if it hurts." No prescriptions, no shots, nothing. I then asked her for a script for doxycycline for the trip and she said no. "I can't do that if you don't have anything wrong." Total disappointment. My wife, on the other hand, saw a different doctor. He ran a whole battery of tests and gave her a steroid shot in her ass. She feels a lot better this afternoon. I ain't looking forward to the pressure changes on the plane.
Vitamin C IV would help before a trip, some take B12 shots as well. Hope it gets better soon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robotvacuummops0046

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Shaker Crew | Kids Sweatshirt
https://www.braveactiveco.com/products/knit-sweatshirt
Comfortable and premium quality Knit Sweatshirt. Our Knit Sweatshirt is crafted with our exquisite recycled fabric, ensuring a soft and lightweight feel.
John Kirk wrote on Macduff's profile.
Great transaction on some 375 HH ammo super fast shipping great communication
akriet wrote on Tom Leoni's profile.
Hello Tom: I saw your post about having 11 Iphisi's for sale. I have been thinking about one. I am also located in Virginia. Do you have photos of the availables to share? My email is [redacted]

Thanks and regards,

Andy
Natural Bridge, Virginia