Free Roaming Buffalo Hunt On Government Reserve

Extremely good deal, no size limit and over 42,000 acres. Will be a different experience that hunting a few thousand acres with only a few buff!

Hi @johnnyblues
This particular hunt is only available for his year. There is a possibility of the government offering it again next year.
Regards
Dave
What is a range for trophy size on these buff?

Trophy size can be up to 42" but being free range they are 35-38 on average.

Thanks Dave

Great offer Dave!

I have applied for 2 more buff. I Will know by the 14 march if the tender was accepted .

This is a great opportunity to get a big buff for a great price.

This will be first come first serve, as I don't want to sit with the animals.
Hunting regards
Dave

This is a great offer. I should be getting my Buff back from the Taxidermist next week. Wish I could do this one too, lol....

Post some pictures Jim. Would love to see the mount

I will be sure to do that.........thanks. Still wish I was going on this hunt, lol...

Which reserve is that? Hunting buffalo in some of the Eastern Cape reserves would be a fantastic experience... the Great Fish River reserve has some fantastic dugga boys in the reeds and thickets along the rivers, a challenging hunt that would be!

I can't speak for any other reserves, but I hunted buffalo last July on the Sandveld and tracking the dugga boys through those tall reeds along the river was absolutely an exciting hunt. We tracked one old dugga boy to his bed in the reeds. We were within 15 meters before the PH and tracker saw him bedded down. Then the wind changed. Now, THAT was exciting!

This is way less than what I paid for my buff two years ago!

Hi yes. $10 500 including 7 hunting days and 1 mature buffalo bull.the biggest we can find.
Regards
Dave

Still waiting on the reply from the government dept. on the availability of the tags and how many . Was supposed to be the 16th?
Looks like Africa time prevails.
Will keep you posted

CANCELLATION NOTICE.
Gentlemen one buffalo has come available for this year due to a cancellation.These are the only available dates on the reserve.
18 -22 July
15-19 Aug
22-26 Aug
They are 5 day openings and we should get a buff in that time frame .
Contact me soonest if you're interested. I have one hunter I'm waiting on. If he can't make it then it's open.
Regards
Dave

My original offer is for 7 days, so we can relocate to my lodge for the rest of the hunt and take plains game or bird hunt ètc

A rather good deal I'd say! Seeing as its free range. All I need now is a cold winter (I'm a heating engineer) to top up the Africa fund :S Dollar:

We have one last buffalo available on this Eastern Cape reserve 2016.

This is the first time these buff have been made available for foreign hunters.
There are 300+ buff on the reserve and only 5 bulls are taken off annually.
There is no size limit and they have agreed to extend to 8 full days on the reserve.
The snag is that these are the only open dates on the reserve.
15-22 July
20-27 Aug
Extra days can be added for plains game from my lodge.
Great opportunity to hunt a big area for buff that that does not have big hunting pressure.

Is this offer available for next year also?
Hi @johnnyblues
Yes unfortunately only for this year. They get allocated every year. It's tough to market them as you only have the season and sometimes as is this case pre-allocated days.
Regards
Dave

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laolapow

Latest profile posts

I am game for a meat and eat. My attempt at humor.
rigby 416 wrote on rifletuner's profile.
Come from cz like that.
John A Flaws wrote on Horbs's profile.
500 schuler magazine.jpg
500 schuler bore.jpg
500 and 425 rifles.jpg
500 and 425 magaizne.jpg
cwpayton wrote on Goat416's profile.
Goat416 welcome to the forum ,youve got some great pics and Im sure trophy's