Free Booze and Food! January 5th, 2023

What an amazing offer. I will run this by the wife and see if we can join you.

Would love to see you guys at the house! I'll shoot you a PM with some information.

Reactions: BWH
That’s awesome! Thank you for the invitation…. You’re just down the road from me!

Just a couple of blocks off of Stacy & Waters Creek :)

I'll shoot you a PM with some info!

Reactions: BWH
I think my wife and I will try to make this, and happy to split an Uber with others!

Sounds way better to meet and visit with AHers than what I'm assuming would be not that much fun finding a decent restaurant with openings lol. Please let us know if we can bring anything!

For those monitoring this thread that are intending on attending... Please do consider carpooling or sharing an uber if your hotel or residence is in close proximity to others... We've got close to 40 people on the guest list at this point... while I am sure "life happens" and a few ultimately wont make it (other priorities, didn't get into town in time, etc).. even with 30 in attendance, parking is going to be very limited if everyone arrives in separate vehicles..

There is a small public park just a few hundred yards down the street where I am sure several cars could park along the sidewalk, and there will be some parking in front of our house, neighbors houses, etc.. If its cold/wet that evening, I'd hate for folks to be walking long distances in the rain/cold due to a parking issue.. when Uber could get you right to the front door and then pick you up at the same place when you're ready to depart..

For those monitoring this thread that are intending on attending... Please do consider carpooling or sharing an uber if your hotel or residence is in close proximity to others... We've got close to 40 people on the guest list at this point... while I am sure "life happens" and a few ultimately wont make it (other priorities, didn't get into town in time, etc).. even with 30 in attendance, parking is going to be very limited if everyone arrives in separate vehicles..

There is a small public park just a few hundred yards down the street where I am sure several cars could park along the sidewalk, and there will be some parking in front of our house, neighbors houses, etc.. If its cold/wet that evening, I'd hate for folks to be walking long distances in the rain/cold due to a parking issue.. when Uber could get you right to the front door and then pick you up at the same place when you're ready to depart..
Wife and I have reservations at the Adolphus. Anyone wanting to share an Uber/vehicle just shoot me a PM and we can stay in touch and coordinate!

A little more incentive to come out and enjoy a glass of wine with us at the @Bos en Dal SAFARIS DSC party on January 5th...

For those unaware, I'm a hobbyist bladesmith... I absolutely admit my work is imperfect... but.. I think these turned out pretty decent.... 4" spearpoint (I really like a spearpoint profile for a general "camp" type knife.. its good at a lot of things, while not really "great" at any one thing), buffalo horn bolsters, camel bone handles, aircraft aluminum pins, black G10 liners, 440C stainless steel... and regardless of imperfections.. who doesn't like a free knife???? :)

They'll be drawing door prizes, given out on the night of the 5th.. (In addition to the Leupold scope already generously donated by @R&M FIREARMS and @Mark Biggerstaff )...

Hope to see you guys on the 5th!
IMG_3115.jpg

. . . For those unaware, I'm a hobbyist bladesmith... I absolutely admit my work is imperfect... but.. I think these turned out pretty decent.... 4" spearpoint (I really like a spearpoint profile for a general "camp" type knife.. its good at a lot of things, while not really "great" at any one thing), buffalo horn bolsters, camel bone handles, aircraft aluminum pins, black G10 liners, 440C stainless steel... and regardless of imperfections.. who doesn't like a free knife???? :) . . .
Those look great to me.

Wife and I just booked the Canvas hotel near downtown, sounds like a good time!

Also looking to share an Uber / Lyft to @mdwest

Edge

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank You for this kind offer. My son Wyatt will be in from Nashville, TN and I will be in from Fayetteville, AR. We would like to attend your gathering.

Thank You for this kind offer. My son Wyatt will be in from Nashville, TN and I will be in from Fayetteville, AR. We would like to attend your gathering.

PM headed your way :)

I am staying at The Magnolia Hotel for DSC and can help with transportation. I am very familiar with both Allen, TX and driving on the correct side of the road.:A Drive:

Hello
Thanks for the invite and my wife and myself would love to attend! As we are driving in, can we bring anything along from north of you? We are also staying in the Magnolia and will have room for a couple of passengers afterwards. Let us know.

Bummer I am not going to DSC this year or I would be first in line at your get together. Looking forward to the pics!!

You might as well pencil me in +1 next year if you decide to sponsor an encore. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

Another door prize to add...

5 Days of Accommodation provided at no cost for any hunt at Bos en Dal in 2023.. ($1750 value)..

1672155020888.png

We're also working on a couple of "specials" that will only be offered to party attendees.. (once the doors close for the evening, the special ends..)...

Bummer I am not going to DSC this year or I would be first in line at your get together. Looking forward to the pics!!

You might as well pencil me in +1 next year if you decide to sponsor an encore. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

We'll make sure to post some pics up during the event :)

We've had a wonderful response so far.. Im going to guess this wont be the last time we do this... we'd love to see you at the next one! :)

Sorry I am going to have to miss it, Dave and the folks at Dos en Dal are great hosts.

Hate that youre going to miss this year... My guess is this wont be the last time we do something during DSC...

I figure the wife has gone nuts and has had custom Bos en Dal logo'd cookies and Bos en Dal logo'd toothpicks made this year... and she's had me slaving out in the shop making custom, giant charcuterie boards to support the "snack" efforts (I guess the normal "home" sized boards we already have weren't big or good enough?????)... so.. it appears she is now bought in and enjoying the planning process (if the party is a success, credit will be hers lol...).... it shouldn't be too hard to talk her into supporting another one in the future :)

IMG_3129.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EtsukoDemo

Latest profile posts

Longfeather1 wrote on Cmwkwarrwn's profile.
Hello Clark
Thanks for the interest in my rifle. If you want to discuss it further you can email me direct at [redacted] or call my cell number [redacted].
Look forward to talking with you.
Regards,
Jack Kramer
quacker attacker wrote on JMV375's profile.
Hello, My wife and I hunted with Marius 2 years ago. He fit us into his schedule after a different outfitter "bailed" on us. He was always very good with communications and although we didn't end up meeting him personally, he called us multiple times during our hunt to make sure things were going well. We were very happy with him.
TERMINATOR wrote on Cuthberto's profile.
Reach out to the guys at Epic Outdoors.

They will steer you right for landowner tags and outfitters that have them.

I have held a membership with them for years and they are an invaluable resource.

Way better that asking random people on the internet...WAY better

Raskolnikov743 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
Skydiver386,

Did you ever find your 30-06 CZ550? I own a fairly solid conditioned one, if you wanted to talk.

[redacted]