Form 4457 question

Letzhunt

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Hunting reports
Africa
So I was preparing to fill out my forms well in advance of my safari to South Africa and when I print the form it is not printing as a full page form. Is this by design? Is it more like a card? No my printer is not in landscape mode but if I fit to the page it prints that way regardless. Is the form actually just that small?

So I was preparing to fill out my forms well in advance of my safari to South Africa and when I print the form it is not printing as a full page form. Is this by design? Is it more like a card? No my printer is not in landscape mode but if I fit to the page it prints that way regardless. Is the form actually just that small?
My customs office had a stack of blank 4457 forms printed out.

You have to there to get it stamped and signed anyway.
They will provide you one at the Customs office Is what I am getting at. Took me 15 mins.

I figured they might but thought I would expedite if I had them done first. No customs place close to me but I am going on a another trip soon so that airport might have some.

Before you print you can fill it out, making it legible!

I've come across a couple on the WWW. One is the same size as the actual form at the CBP office and then there is one that is close to a full page.

Try this one and see what you get

Attachments

I use the small forms then make 3 copies and laminate them. My travel agent wanted them notarized

I usually have to mess with the printer settings to get the form to print close to a full page in size, but somehow I am able to figure it out each time. In the old days I use to fill out the small forms I would get at the CBP office and then laminate them and use the same ones over and over again. But now that the South African Police want to see a form with a current year date on it I just fill it out online and then print it on 8-1/2 x 11 paper and adjust the printer setting until I get it to nearly fill the entire page. Once I have the stamp and CBP signature on the form I make several copies and bring the copies with me on the trip

I printed them out small, as they normally print out, and large by Expanding the current area. I’ve had no trouble either way.

Quick question,
Can a form 4457 list 2 people as owners(Husband and Wife)?
I see the form has 2 lines for owner but not sure if it would be accepted.

HH

Quick question,
Can a form 4457 list 2 people as owners(Husband and Wife)?
I see the form has 2 lines for owner but not sure if it would be accepted.

HH
I would not. Just to be safe. Are you bringing more than 2 rifles?

I would not. Just to be safe. Are you bringing more than 2 rifles?

This trip I’m bringing 2 Blaser rifles and 3 barrels.

HH

I wouldn't do it.

And unless you will be hunting with your wife by your side I'd have her name on a 4457 with one of the rifles along with a SAP's 520 in her name. Presuming that you are hunting in South Africa

On my computer I had to save it to my computer and then the print property's would let me enlarge it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
einaranders81

Latest profile posts

idjeffp wrote on Jon R15's profile.
Hi Jon,
I saw your post for the .500 NE cases. Are these all brass or are they nickel plated? Hard for me to tell... sorry.
Thanks,
Jeff [redacted]
Boise, ID
[redacted]
African Scenic Safaris is a Sustainable Tour Operator based in Moshi, Tanzania. Established in 2009 as a family business, the company is owned and operated entirely by locals who share the same passion for showing people the amazing country of Tanzania and providing a fantastic personalized service.
FDP wrote on dailordasailor's profile.
1200 for the 375 barrel and accessories?