For your entertainment: Czech dis-mount

Thanks a lot!
The one-piece QD base is also Warne? Looks great!
I will make sure the glass doesn't bite me :)
Thanks for the vid/description also!
Actually, that is a long discontinued Weaver base. My donor action was already tapped for 3 screws (two on locking ring and one behind the stripper clip slot) so I had to stick with one-piece base. Warne does make a steel semi p-rail 3-screw Mauser base but it is slightly higher than this one. My old Weaver base has a shorter loading cutout and only two slots for rings that are fairly close together. The attraction was this base is VERY low for a thicker 30mm scope. Acquisition is instantaneous and eye relief is great. Perfect. No problems loading or cycling. I did have to slightly modify the Warne ring square edged crossbraces to drop into Weaver base rounded slots. But they go together tighter than a glove now. No possibility for zero to be off after reattaching this scope!

Reactions: T/C

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buck2Buffalo

Latest profile posts

Raskolnikov743 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
Skydiver386,

Did you ever find your 30-06 CZ550? I own a fairly solid conditioned one, if you wanted to talk.

Ryanelson wrote on Flipper Dude's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa
Ryanelson wrote on Sturgeondrjb's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa
HerbJohnson wrote on Triathlete3's profile.
If you have an email, I would love to be able to chat with you about J.P.H. Prohunt. My email address is [redacted]. Thanks.