For you fly fisherman

Altitude sickness

Gold supporter
AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Here is a great deal on a boutique custom rod kit with custom wood box. With one of the many Michigan trout salmon rivers in the top.

I’m sure they could make a rifle box with anything on the lid also.

IMG_3556.jpeg

Attachments

• Two-Hearted Fly Rod Case with Rod, Reel, & Fly Box (2wt. 7’6″ 4 pc) – J.A.Henry Rod & Reel Co..pdf
    2.3 MB · Views: 12
Very cool @Altitude sickness

Did you happen to have a source for a nice, traditional piece of furniture to hold fly rod tubes? The only source I can find is a guy that makes folk art with painted fish on it...not my thing.

You should stop by our mini-lodge sometime to talk safaris and catch trout. The browns are pretty thick on the beat 20 yards out my back door.

Regarding rod storage, I do like the boxes you showed above. When I went tiger fishing I had a leather tube made, but I cannot recall by whom. It far exceeds the quality of English gun cases and it was made in America. Two-tone leather with all brass hardware, lined with purple baize. It's a big tube that handled my switch rod for the zambezi and a backup one hander. Totally different look than a box, but it was practical and displays nicely.

I can't find the name of the maker, but they looked like this but a bit fancier.
Screenshot 2024-03-05 at 6.53.52 AM.png

Sorry, I do not have enough rods to need a storage container like that so I don’t know of a source.

Yeah, our best fishing is also Lake Michigan streams
I have to go north and west to have the best trout and salmon fishing. We have them in Lake Huron, but not like Lake Michigan does.

Sorry, I do not have enough rods to need a storage container like that so I don’t know of a source.

Yeah, our best fishing is also Lake Michigan streams
I have to go north and west to have the best trout and salmon fishing. We have them in Lake Huron, but not like Lake Michigan does.

I've done the spring river runs for steelhead before in MI. It was excellent. You live in a great place for skadjet / scandet fishing.

On the property over here its exclusively brown trout. 7-17" class fish. They consumed the stocked rainbows 20 years ago and pushed all the brookies into the small creeks. It's a great place to catch a hatch and get browns on a dry fly. I see the fish stacked up off my deck, but I haven't fished them yet. (still unpacking) About once a week I see fly caster landing them in quantity, I aim to do the same when I can get away from work/kids/house duties on the property.

I made a couple of gun cases and thought about it for my two go-to fly rods. Just never got around to it ... yet. This thread provides some incentive. Thanks.
Citori case 1.JPG
Citori case 2.JPG
gun case new foam2.JPG
gun case new foam1(1).JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChasityNck

Latest profile posts

I like the Tillie in my picture. They are supposed to fit loose (2 fingers inside hat band), have mesh for cooling, and hold their shape after washing.
SSG Joe wrote on piratensafaris's profile.
From one newbie to another, Welcome aboard!
BLAAUWKRANTZ safaris wrote on Greylin's profile.
We have just completed a group hunt with guys from North Carolina, please feel free to contact the organizers of the group, Auburn at auburn@opextechnologies.com or Courtney at courtney@opextechnologies.com Please visit our website www.blaauwkrantz.com and email me at zanidixie@gmail.com
Zani
FDP wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Good morning. I'll take all of them actually. Whats the next step? Thanks, Derek
Have a look af our latest post on the biggest roan i ever guided on!