For you beer drinkers...

sestoppelman

AH ambassador
Joined
Apr 25, 2010
Messages
11,042
Reaction score
17,628
Media
178
Articles
4
Hunting reports
Africa
3
Member of
NRA, NA Hunt Club
Hunted
Tanzania, Botswana, Zimbabwe (2), Namibia (2), South Africa (2)
My local restaurant has this on tap and I had it a few times and liked it. Its locally brewed here in WA state. Similar to Alaskan Amber only better, which some of you may have had. I really like this stuff. Saw a 6 pack in Safeway yesterday and snagged it, first time I have seen it offered in cans. Nice artwork too.
IMG_1697.JPG
 
Nice packaging and name. We have a Lion Lager here in Zim and SA, its a bit sweet though. At one time there was a Lion Ale, that was much nicer but I haven't seen it for years. Now I might get a few raised eyebrows, but I really like the opaque beer that the locals drink, brand name Chibuku. Apparently it is good for stomach ulsers.
 
MOSI was the best beer ever to pass over my tongue. My opinion obviously.

I'll check with my local liquor store, they don't mind ordering on request. I'll give African Amber a shot...
 
Nice artwork. I might in Australia though. The beers I tried in South Africa were all good.
I recommend Coopers beers for any one visiting Australia
 
Nice packaging and name. We have a Lion Lager here in Zim and SA, its a bit sweet though. At one time there was a Lion Ale, that was much nicer but I haven't seen it for years. Now I might get a few raised eyebrows, but I really like the opaque beer that the locals drink, brand name Chibuku. Apparently it is good for stomach ulsers.
Curing them or Causing them?
 
Anyone ever smelt chibuku being brewed?

It takes some getting used to

Smelt it many times wafting in from the bush

I did love both Lion and Castle though - rival beers but both great when ice chilled at a braai
 
MOSI was the best beer ever to pass over my tongue. My opinion obviously.

I'll check with my local liquor store, they don't mind ordering on request. I'll give African Amber a shot...
Most is still up at the top of the list for me.
 
Most is still up at the top of the list for me.

I agree Mosi is the best beer I have had in Africa. Anyone who can get their hands on Alaskan Amber needs to give it a try. Truly an excellent beer.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,298
Messages
1,572,025
Members
169,477
Latest member
boegrimesve1985
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Andrew62 wrote on JBonw762's profile.
Hello, I asked the question I did simply to bump it to the top for you. I have a 416 Taylor or I would be very interested in it! It's a real beauty!
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top