For Those Who Were Not Planning Safari In The 1980's, Like I Was

That would have been an extraordinary deal with that many critters. Day rate must have been $25 a day!
Lol
I think I was making $3.10 or $3.35 an hour, then working side jobs to pay for the trip. It changed my life and made who I am today.

As late as 2011 I was offered to shoot a rank giraffe for free! I declined, though probably shouldnt have, it would have made my 3 rd animal on a 10 Zim hunt......

In 1989 I was 20, I hunted Namibia (10 days)
Kudu
Gemsbok
2 Warthogs
Red Hartebeest
Springbok
Duiker
Steinbok
$2450
I paid for it while still living at home making minimum wage.
I had to respond to your post that I just stumbled across. In 1989 I was also 20 and went to South Africa for the summer. Did my first hunting ever while there and have been bitten by the bug ever since! Amazing you were in Namibia which was still called "SouthWest Africa" by the people I stayed with. I think the bush war was actually still going on and you must have been one of the first US hunters there!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alissa34R

Latest profile posts

John Kirk wrote on Macduff's profile.
Great transaction on some 375 HH ammo super fast shipping great communication
akriet wrote on Tom Leoni's profile.
Hello Tom: I saw your post about having 11 Iphisi's for sale. I have been thinking about one. I am also located in Virginia. Do you have photos of the availables to share? My email is [redacted]

Thanks and regards,

Andy
Natural Bridge, Virginia