For those Wanting To Try Cutting Edge Bullets

Really? .. Glad to hear @Hunter-Habib, Thank you.
Recovered 750Gr Cutting Edge Bullets Safari Solid & 750Gr Barnes TSX removed from bull hippopotamus. The quality of either bullet can hardly be improved upon.
IMG_2704.jpeg

Last edited:
Well I got two boxes of 160 gr. 358 Raptors and tried them in my 358 Winchester. First, thing I noticed was they were accurate. I only had access to a 25 yard range when I did a quick check but their POI was only about 0.25 higher than my 225 gr. Swift A Frames. So no need to rezero. Velocity with a max load averaged about 2700 fps. I was happy. First two shots at the 25 yard range were one hole that was just big enough to let me know I'd hit again. So presumably sub MOA at 100.

I was a bit concerned about using them because the area I was hunting was pretty brushy. So I loaded one Cutting Edge round on top and traditional 225 gr. Swift A Frames below that.

I ended up shooting a large cow moose through the lungs. She did what many moose do, she stumbled a bit and stood just behind a screen of tree branches. I fired between the branches as best I could with a follow up shot and dropped her.

20230828_154433.jpg

This picture shows the entrance wounds. The smaller one is the CE bullet. The higher one is the Swift A Frame. Notice how close the A Frame is to the spine. I think it was delfected by a tree branch. At any rate I don't think the A Frame touched the lungs. I wonder if the impact so close to the spine is what caused her to drop instalty.
20230828_154535.jpg

The lunges were a mess so she was clearly dead on her feet and my follow up shot probably wasn't needed.
20230828_154611.jpg

Now the prettier pictures
20230827_210835.jpg

Notice how my wife's feet don't touch the ground. Moose are big.

In summary the CE bullet worked well. I didn't get to examine the insides a lot and never found the blades. Both the A Frame and CE bullet stopped just under the hide. The base of the CE bulllet mushroomed a bit. I don't know if the hole in the lungs was a lot bigger than a traditional heavy 358 bullet might have caused but it was enough. Its a bullet the stretches the usable range of a short barreled 358 to 400 yards (although wind reading would be important). The bullets appear accurate. So I can't complain. I'll probably try them a bit more and see how they compare. Its good to have options since premium 358 bullets are not always easy to find.

Well I got two boxes of 160 gr. 358 Raptors and tried them in my 358 Winchester. First, thing I noticed was they were accurate. I only had access to a 25 yard range when I did a quick check but their POI was only about 0.25 higher than my 225 gr. Swift A Frames. So no need to rezero. Velocity with a max load averaged about 2700 fps. I was happy. First two shots at the 25 yard range were one hole that was just big enough to let me know I'd hit again. So presumably sub MOA at 100.

I was a bit concerned about using them because the area I was hunting was pretty brushy. So I loaded one Cutting Edge round on top and traditional 225 gr. Swift A Frames below that.

I ended up shooting a large cow moose through the lungs. She did what many moose do, she stumbled a bit and stood just behind a screen of tree branches. I fired between the branches as best I could with a follow up shot and dropped her.

View attachment 553922
This picture shows the entrance wounds. The smaller one is the CE bullet. The higher one is the Swift A Frame. Notice how close the A Frame is to the spine. I think it was delfected by a tree branch. At any rate I don't think the A Frame touched the lungs. I wonder if the impact so close to the spine is what caused her to drop instalty.
View attachment 553923
The lunges were a mess so she was clearly dead on her feet and my follow up shot probably wasn't needed.
View attachment 553925

Now the prettier pictures
View attachment 553928

Notice how my wife's feet don't touch the ground. Moose are big.

In summary the CE bullet worked well. I didn't get to examine the insides a lot and never found the blades. Both the A Frame and CE bullet stopped just under the hide. The base of the CE bulllet mushroomed a bit. I don't know if the hole in the lungs was a lot bigger than a traditional heavy 358 bullet might have caused but it was enough. Its a bullet the stretches the usable range of a short barreled 358 to 400 yards (although wind reading would be important). The bullets appear accurate. So I can't complain. I'll probably try them a bit more and see how they compare. Its good to have options since premium 358 bullets are not always easy to find.
What a great, honest review. Awesome my man.

Question best answered by Michael. My understanding is no.

I’m getting 175gr Maximus and 270gr safari raptor loaded for 375.

And 225gr safari raptor and 370gr safari raptor loaded for 416.

CEB love speed
Hi Daisy. I just ordered the 175gr to load for my 375 H&H. what load are u working up? thanks!

I am far from a ballistics expert. But my limited experience shooting CEB solids and raptors have been nothing but extremely positive.

My .416 Taylor loaded by a freind had three 400 grain solids and three 370 grain raptors all with the same POI. Of course he knew how to load the raptors down a little to provide that same POI

And latest was the .505 Gibbs using the 525 grain solid
And .308 using 100 grain raptor all with amazing results. They all fly and penetrate straight.
Also a good small company to do business with.

Military discounts also.

They certainly seem to be an absolute menacing projectile. To those that are dialed in with them .. all the best. Would love to work with them.

I have been shooting CEB Safari Raptors and Solids along with their ER Raptor since 2012 with great success... the impact on the animal and the blood trail the Safari Raptor produces is amazing ..
Some examples
I shot a Wildebeest with my 450NE using a 450gr Safari Raptor leaving the barrels at 2175 fps at a paced 100 yards. The animal instantly dropped on his brisket and started bawling .... as we approached I slid another round into it's chest when we walked up to the wildebeest there was a "Rope" of blood flowing out of the entrance and exit holes at the skinning shed we found the top of the heart destroyed and the blades had sliced their way through the lungs ....

I shot an Eland with my 400H&H using a 370gr Safari Raptor My first round was a bit low as the depth of his dewlap drew my eye below the vital zone.... the animal jumped and went maybe 30 yards stopped and shook giving me time to slip one into it's neck... it could have been a long day tracking but the base of the Raptor went through the animal and the petals damaged the lungs and heart
The 2 Tuskless that I have shot using CEB Solids a 480gr Solid out of my 450NE Double; a frontal brain and a 525gr Solid from my 505 Gibbs a side brain; both bullets passed through the skull and maybe still going today
I shot a cow elk approx 120 yards shooting a 187gr ER Raptor out of a 338 Win Mag the Cow jumped at the impact stood for a handful of seconds than woobled and tipped over backwards there wass about a 4' rope of blood on the snow where she stood before going over
I also chose CEBs to shoot through my 1903 Gibbs 450NE, CEBs are a Bore Riding Bullet only 4 narrow bands make contact with the barrel.. of all of the Bullets pressure tested by Michael458 in a Double Rifle CEB produced the least amount of pressure ...This test was done when OSR was the big concern shooting mono metal bullets in older Double rifles

North America: I have shot Pigs, Deer, Elk, and Bear
Australia: Buffalo, Pigs, Feral Horses and Donkeys
Africa: Bush Pig, Wildebeest, Eland, Buffalo and Elephant

Guns that I have successfully used CEBs

338 Win Mag 187gr ER Raptor
348 Win 175gr Safari Raptor
35 Whelen 160gr ER raptor
375H&H 235gr ER Raptor
400H&H 400gr Solid and 370gr Safari Raptor
450NE 480gr Solid and 450gr Safari Raptor
458 Lott 480gr Safari Raptor
505 Gibbs 525gr Solid 485gr Safari Raptor
Needless to say I am a Fan of Cutting Edge Bullets

I shot a dry land hippo with .416 400 grain Safari Solids last August in Tanzania. The first shot was broadside as the hippo ran past me at about 20 yards, complete pass through, of course. 2nd shot was at about 40 yards, quartering away hard. That bullet hit midway back, penetrated through about 18” of spine and was found lodged in the base of the skull. Total penetration was about 4 feet. I could reload that bullet and use it again. Cutting Edge bullets are great.
IMG_0582.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RachelWing

Latest profile posts

expoB wrote on Ontario Hunter's profile.
Total con artist! Bradley Joseph Clemens!
expoB wrote on Ontario Hunter's profile.
Regarding Senga Senga. Brad Clemens. Do your research with him. He owes people money…took deposits, no hunt! Two words, for anyone who wants to hire him…..background check. His character shows and this character follows every aspect of his life. Not to be trusted at all!
Grandpa Moose wrote on Ontario Hunter's profile.
Thanks for the advice/help. Hope the kids get a good plug from my mis post. Rain like crazy here
swag05 wrote on Inline6's profile.
Is the Americas still available? Does it have wheels? I am interested
matt2H wrote on matt vejar's profile.
Hey there Matt - i would love to understand some more about your bringing trophies home from South Africa in your checked luggage. My PH is holding onto a bushbuck euro and flatskin for me - and i am due back in South Africa in just over a week. He does have the export permit provided by the taxidermist for me. When you have a moment - could we go through the EDC Form and App? Looking forward to hearing from you.