For Sale Winchester Model 70 Classic - 300 RUM

Dunderhead

AH member
Reaction score
Selling my Winchester M70 in 300 RUM. Rifle was bought new back in the day when I worked at Gander Mountain in 2005. Not certain of exact round count but it’s less than 100. It’s lived in a safe most of its life and is in great condition. I also have some assorted bases I’ll send as well if desired. Price is $1500. I’d prefer to arrange a face to face but would split shipping if that’s the only option. Thanks for looking!

IMG_3789.jpeg
IMG_3790.jpeg
IMG_3791.jpeg
IMG_3792.jpeg
IMG_5468.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
This particular version of the Model 70 is the "best ever." Best trigger. Safest vents. Smoothest action. I collect these. I would buy, but I do not need another. This is a legacy rifle. Your grandson will hunt with this rifle. I always put an HS Precision stock on mine. God Bless, Dale

Thanks for the kind words! I hope to find someone who recognizes how special they are as much as yourself!

Just curious, How is the felt recoil?
I have a 300wm, and not sure I can justify this one. My current 300wm are Remington clones, maybe I need a controlled round feed. But then I need dies and brass, maybe some powder,,,,
If you give a mouse a cookie.....

Just curious, How is the felt recoil?
I have a 300wm, and not sure I can justify this one. My current 300wm are Remington clones, maybe I need a controlled round feed. But then I need dies and brass, maybe some powder,,,,
If you give a mouse a cookie.....
I’m afraid I can’t first hand compare the recoil to a 300 win myself. It’s definitely a thumper especially if you just got finished shooting your 223 beforehand. But if you’re used to a non-muzzlebreaked 300wm it probably isn’t too much of a difference. As I happens I also have a 700 in 300RUM, 140 rounds of ammo, some brass, and dies. Most people look at these model 70s as a platform for a 404 Jeffreys build but if you you were interested, I can probably figure something out to break up the set!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarkApodac

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

overunderranger wrote on Stamp Collector's profile.
I'm interested in the 28 gauge Ruger, if you still have it.
Tanner wrote on gearguywb's profile.
I’m blown away the rifle hasn’t sold. I will take it!
wolfhunter wrote on Mark haynes's profile.
I hunted with you a couple years back speedy goat with Don Lynch call me
I've been hunting and shooting all my life in So Cal. Luckily, I've passed it on to my son who does his thing on the East coast except when we get together for some outdoor activities. I shoot just about anything that goes bang including rifle, shotgun and muzzleloaders. I've scratch-built several flint rifles and a couple of pistols and rebuilt several old muzzlestuffers for friends.