JeffD

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Member of
San Luis Obispo Sportsman Association
Hunted
USA, Zambia, New Zealand, Namibia
This is a mid-1950s Winchester. This rifle came from a local fellow (through the local gun store) after he learned an Africa trip could not happen. I've had it a while, but not shot it more than a few times. It is said to be a good shooter and preliminary shooting on my part suggests that's so.

The barreled action is in very good shape. Bore is bright and sharp. Trigger is very good. Headspace checked and is right.

It came with what I could call a utility stock. I think (not sure) it's a refinished factory stock, somewhat reshaped. I've included pictures of the inletting and glass bedding. It is free floated and that is pretty well done. No cracks in the inletted areas or externally. Seems very solid. Clearly it was cut at some point and a thick spacer was added. LOP is 13.5" to the bottom of the decelerator pad.

I think the pictures accurately show the condition of the rifle. It would make a great African hunting rifle. It is also listed on another forum (same price there).

$1,600 shipped in the US. I have to ship from an FFL to an FFL. PM with any questions.

Thanks

Jeff

1 ProfileRFull.jpeg
2 ProfileRPart.jpeg
2a RecRTopFull.jpeg
2b SiteForendTop.jpeg
2c BarRFront.jpeg
3 ProfileLFull.jpeg
4 StkRButt.jpeg
5 StkLButt.jpeg
6 StkRTop.jpeg
7 StkBotPart.jpeg
8 BarActRFull.jpeg
8a RecRFull.jpeg
8c RecLFull.jpeg
8d RecBotFull.jpeg
9 BarActBotFull.jpeg
9a BarMarkings.jpeg
9c BoltFac.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow!
$1600 for a pre 64 375 shooter in what appears to be excellent mechanical condition.

That rifle is 1/2 price.

Unfortunately the pre 64 300 h&h I just bought and haven't paid for yet took most of my funny money.

DB

Hello NTO,
Sorry for the delay in my response. I did not get the first PM, and checked on the thread just now. For some reason I didn't see a notification of it. I will email and PM you in response now.
Thank you.

SOLD PENDING PAYMENT

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fairyrock

Latest profile posts

Longfeather1 wrote on Cmwkwarrwn's profile.
Hello Clark
Thanks for the interest in my rifle. If you want to discuss it further you can email me direct at [redacted] or call my cell number [redacted].
Look forward to talking with you.
Regards,
Jack Kramer
quacker attacker wrote on JMV375's profile.
Hello, My wife and I hunted with Marius 2 years ago. He fit us into his schedule after a different outfitter "bailed" on us. He was always very good with communications and although we didn't end up meeting him personally, he called us multiple times during our hunt to make sure things were going well. We were very happy with him.
TERMINATOR wrote on Cuthberto's profile.
Reach out to the guys at Epic Outdoors.

They will steer you right for landowner tags and outfitters that have them.

I have held a membership with them for years and they are an invaluable resource.

Way better that asking random people on the internet...WAY better

Raskolnikov743 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
Skydiver386,

Did you ever find your 30-06 CZ550? I own a fairly solid conditioned one, if you wanted to talk.

[redacted]