For Sale Sako 85 Grey Wolf 9.3x62mm

Toby, Toby, Toby...you’re killing me! I just closed deal on a rifle and revolver, your timing is impeccable!!!:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

I have decided, on the off chance I go elk or brown bear hunting again, I am going to keep this rifle. It's an exceptionally nice rifle, and seeing how all the nicer rifles are starting to diminish on the market, in favor of cheap POS rifles, I'd better hold on to this one. Who knows, might shoot an Eland with it some day.
Good choice.

Sako says they are CRF.
From Chuck Hawks...

"A true controlled feed action, in that situation, holds onto the first cartridge until the bolt is completely withdrawn and it is ejected. If the bolt is run forward again while still holding the first cartridge, the extractor keeps it in place and guides it into the chamber, preventing the bolt from attempting to pick-up the second cartridge and preventing a double feed jam.

Nor does the Sako 85 guide a fresh cartridge into the chamber like a controlled feed action. It simply pushes it forward and into the chamber like any push feed action. It is not until about the last 1/4" of forward bolt travel that the Sako's extractor actually gets a firm grip on the case rim. By that time the cartridge is almost all the way into the chamber anyway, so being "controlled" at that late stage is pointless.

On the plus side, the Sako's extractor will easily over-ride the rim of a cartridge fed directly into the chamber, like a normal push feed action. For all practical purposes (except advertising) the Model 85 is a push feed action. Its receiver mounted ejector lets a reloader deposit fired brass neatly to hand by opening the bolt slowly."

From Chuck Hawks...

"A true controlled feed action, in that situation, holds onto the first cartridge until the bolt is completely withdrawn and it is ejected. If the bolt is run forward again while still holding the first cartridge, the extractor keeps it in place and guides it into the chamber, preventing the bolt from attempting to pick-up the second cartridge and preventing a double feed jam.

Nor does the Sako 85 guide a fresh cartridge into the chamber like a controlled feed action. It simply pushes it forward and into the chamber like any push feed action. It is not until about the last 1/4" of forward bolt travel that the Sako's extractor actually gets a firm grip on the case rim. By that time the cartridge is almost all the way into the chamber anyway, so being "controlled" at that late stage is pointless.

On the plus side, the Sako's extractor will easily over-ride the rim of a cartridge fed directly into the chamber, like a normal push feed action. For all practical purposes (except advertising) the Model 85 is a push feed action. Its receiver mounted ejector lets a reloader deposit fired brass neatly to hand by opening the bolt slowly."
My experience has been that the Sako 85 is indeed CRF. It picks up the cartridge and begins to control it very close to the same time and place as a Winchester 70. You can run the cartridges in and out of the chamber without having to close the bolt on a loaded round, as you would need to with a push feed action, in order to extract and eject the round.

My experience has been that the Sako 85 is indeed CRF. It picks up the cartridge and begins to control it very close to the same time and place as a Winchester 70. You can run the cartridges in and out of the chamber without having to close the bolt on a loaded round, as you would need to with a push feed action, in order to extract and eject the round.
CRF, semi-CRF? Either way, it’s a great rifle at a very fair price. One of the “safe queen” collectors here needs to in BUY IT NOW! Bury it in your safe and pull it out in ten years, wipe the cobwebs off and sell it back to Toby? Otherwise, in a couple of months running, this thread will be neck in neck with Tarbe’s epic ad.

CRF, semi-CRF? Either way, it’s a great rifle at a very fair price. One of the “safe queen” collectors here needs to in BUY IT NOW! Bury it in your safe and pull it out in ten years, wipe the cobwebs off and sell it back to Toby? Otherwise, in a couple of months running, this thread will be neck in neck with Tarbe’s epic ad.
At least this rifle doesn't look like a bowling ball!

Per the last time you posted this, I am in the doghouse now, I am still building our log home and your post popped up again, so that little mouse turning the wheel in my brain got the light bulb to light dimly, and with as straight a face as I could muster I said to my wife look at what a good deal this is, and made some suggestion to her about forgoing her soaker tub as they are about the same price, well I almost got permantly banned from visiting this website ever again, and was given another construction project to complete, the second floor on the dog house goes up tomorrow., good luck

Per the last time you posted this, I am in the doghouse now, I am still building our log home and your post popped up again, so that little mouse turning the wheel in my brain got the light bulb to light dimly, and with as straight a face as I could muster I said to my wife look at what a good deal this is, and made some suggestion to her about forgoing her soaker tub as they are about the same price, well I almost got permantly banned from visiting this website ever again, and was given another construction project to complete, the second floor on the dog house goes up tomorrow., good luck
Buy the tub and the rifle! Since this Sako is stainless steel you can save time and clean IT while taking a bath?

This is killing me, please someone buy this rifle. I'm trying to save up my Pennies for my safari in 22. :)

This is killing me, please someone buy this rifle. I'm trying to save up my Pennies for my safari in 22. :)
Doesn't look like @TOBY458 is doing you any favors with a price drop. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pinkbeautyclub

Latest profile posts

idjeffp wrote on Jon R15's profile.
Hi Jon,
I saw your post for the .500 NE cases. Are these all brass or are they nickel plated? Hard for me to tell... sorry.
Thanks,
Jeff [redacted]
Boise, ID
[redacted]
African Scenic Safaris is a Sustainable Tour Operator based in Moshi, Tanzania. Established in 2009 as a family business, the company is owned and operated entirely by locals who share the same passion for showing people the amazing country of Tanzania and providing a fantastic personalized service.
FDP wrote on dailordasailor's profile.
1200 for the 375 barrel and accessories?