For Sale Remington Model 798 (Mauser 98) In 375 H&H NIB $1,400

mediumbore

AH member
Reaction score
Member of
SCI, DSC, HSC
Hunted
Namibia, Zimbabwe, South Africa, Mozambique
The Remington Model 798 was sold by Remington Arms from 2006 until 2008. The gun was composed of an imported Zastava Arms Mauser 98 barreled action assembled after import to the US. Most came with laminated stocks – this one is factory stocked in walnut with very nice grain and checkering. This is an all-steel, controlled-feed action using a flat-bottom receiver with an integral recoil lug, one-piece bolt with dual locking lugs plus a third safety lug and a bolt guide, full-length extractor, solid steel one-piece bottom iron/magazine box/trigger guard, hinged magazine floor plate, and all of the usual Mauser 98 deluxe features. 26” Barrel; high gloss; LOP approx. 13 5/8”. Rifle has not been fired. I did have the bolt checkered and the extractor blued by Baldwin Bolts and added Leupold QD bases. Will ship in a proper box with the factory box shipped separately if wanted. Could deliver in person at DCS or HSC convention.

IMG_4347.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The Remington Model 798 was sold by Remington Arms from 2006 until 2008. The gun was composed of an imported Zastava Arms Mauser 98 barreled action assembled after import to the US. Most came with laminated stocks – this one is factory stocked in walnut with very nice grain and checkering. This is an all-steel, controlled-feed action using a flat-bottom receiver with an integral recoil lug, one-piece bolt with dual locking lugs plus a third safety lug and a bolt guide, full-length extractor, solid steel one-piece bottom iron/magazine box/trigger guard, hinged magazine floor plate, and all of the usual Mauser 98 deluxe features. 26” Barrel; high gloss; LOP approx. 13 5/8”. Rifle has not been fired. I did have the bolt checkered and the extractor blued by Baldwin Bolts and added Leupold QD bases. Will ship in a proper box with the factory box shipped separately if wanted. Could deliver in person at DCS or HSC convention.
Pictures on the way as soon as I unzip them.

Attachments

• 798 (1) (1).zip
    1 MB · Views: 148
Did you ever get the pictures loaded?

Here are a few pics.

IMG_4328.jpg
IMG_4334.jpg
IMG_4335.jpg
IMG_4337.jpg
IMG_4340.jpg
IMG_4341.jpg
IMG_4344.jpg
IMG_4347.jpg
IMG_4350.jpg

and one more

Subject (1).png

Price Reduction: $1250 shipped.

I'll take it if you're going to be in Nashville Feb 1 or 2.

Dang it!!! Just spent my mad money stash on a Sako L461 Vixen in .223 Remington. That's a sweet rifle for a very fair price, I paid within $100.00 for the Sako and it had no sights or optics. Good luck, this should honestly already be gone.

Ok I’ll still take it. Just need to figure out the logistics.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quniwofei581

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

JG26Irish_2 wrote on WISafariHunter's profile.
About Lon's Elephant hunts w/Tokoloshe? I hear Lon is battling cancer? What is his long term prognosis? I am already booked to hunt Africa in 2024 2025. Might consider 2026 for another African hunt. I want to hunt a more wild open region devoid of civilization. Concern is the risk that I book f/2026 then find poor Lon has passed on? Does Lon have any assistance to carry on the business in his absence?
Life is Short live it how you want...
jgraco33 wrote on 85lc's profile.
Is your 22HP still available? If so have the original case?
tacklers wrote on ianevans's profile.
Hi Ian, I'm contemplating my first outing, leaving UK via Dubai to Africa, taking rifles as you did.

I presume it went okay for you, would you have done anything differently? Cheers, Richard East Sussex