vette447

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Member of
SCI, DSC
Hunted
USA (AK,CO,NM,WY,TX,KS,OK), Namibia, South Africa, Zimbabwe, Argentina, France
This is a Prewar John Rigby & Co .275 Rigby from circa 1929. It has a 22” barrel with ramp beaded front sight with two folding leaf express rear sights with leaves for 100 and 200 yards as well as a cocking piece mounted peep sight. It features a standard Mauser flag safety with “SAFE” inlaid in gold. The wood stock has a little nice figure in it and a compact feel. It also features an attractive leather covered recoil pad. I believe that the barrel on this one was likely originally 24” but it has been professionally shortened to make like the “Light” model it appears that they also trimmed to front of the forend down when this was done. It also appears that there was a side scope mount at one time and the holes were professionally filled. This is not evident from the outside of the action as they did a really nice job but can be seen in the bolt runners (see pic). The stock has had some oil added to it and could use a little clean up and maybe an overall refinish but the rifle shoulders great and feels good in the hand.

LOP is 13-1/2" to the end of the leather covered recoil pad and weight is 6.7 lbs. Condition is Good overall with the items mentioned above that could just use a little TLC. It is a lightweight and super handy rifle in this configuration and shoots great. Test firing offhand at 50 meters yielded groups just over an inch.

This would be a great classic British sporting rifle that you could use, hunt with, shoot, and maybe even scope without fear that you would hurting a prime collectible example. It would fill a great niche as a shooter grade prewar classic British Rigby.

Price is $6,000 plus actual shipping to your FFL. I can accept cashier’s checks for payment.

Please PM me with any questions. Thanks!

275_1.jpg
275_2.jpg
275_3.jpg
275_4.jpg
275_5.jpg
275_6.jpg
275_7.jpg
275_8.jpg
275_9.jpg
275_10.jpg
275_11.jpg
275_12.jpg
275_13.jpg
275_14.jpg
275_15.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Fantastic...and I just finished paying for a safari or we would be talking!

Wow!

I knew looking at this topic would get to me! I will take it as discussed offline with you. I've been wanting a pre-war Rigby 7x57 for a long time.

SPF to Green Chile :giggle:

Thank you all!
THANK GOD!

Im not normally drawn to stuff like this.. but.. that rifle was whispering in my ear a little lol...

I know exactly how you feel. Usually I'm on the other side of this going...wow, glad that thing sold and I don't have to look at it anymore! I will be listing some rifles myself in the near future. I've been wanting to get a Rigby or two and will sell some things to get there.

I know exactly how you feel. Usually I'm on the other side of this going...wow, glad that thing sold and I don't have to look at it anymore! I will be listing some rifles myself in the near future. I've been wanting to get a Rigby or two and will sell some things to get there.
Thank you!! I caught it as soon as he posted it. I literally typed out a message to him a couple of times and then deleted. I'm not sure how i maintained control.
Congratulations.

This is a Prewar John Rigby & Co .275 Rigby from circa 1929. It has a 22” barrel with ramp beaded front sight with two folding leaf express rear sights with leaves for 100 and 200 yards as well as a cocking piece mounted peep sight. It features a standard Mauser flag safety with “SAFE” inlaid in gold. The wood stock has a little nice figure in it and a compact feel. It also features an attractive leather covered recoil pad. I believe that the barrel on this one was likely originally 24” but it has been professionally shortened to make like the “Light” model it appears that they also trimmed to front of the forend down when this was done. It also appears that there was a side scope mount at one time and the holes were professionally filled. This is not evident from the outside of the action as they did a really nice job but can be seen in the bolt runners (see pic). The stock has had some oil added to it and could use a little clean up and maybe an overall refinish but the rifle shoulders great and feels good in the hand.

LOP is 13-1/2" to the end of the leather covered recoil pad and weight is 6.7 lbs. Condition is Good overall with the items mentioned above that could just use a little TLC. It is a lightweight and super handy rifle in this configuration and shoots great. Test firing offhand at 50 meters yielded groups just over an inch.

This would be a great classic British sporting rifle that you could use, hunt with, shoot, and maybe even scope without fear that you would hurting a prime collectible example. It would fill a great niche as a shooter grade prewar classic British Rigby.

Price is $6,000 plus actual shipping to your FFL. I can accept cashier’s checks for payment.

Please PM me with any questions. Thanks!

View attachment 563375View attachment 563376View attachment 563377View attachment 563378View attachment 563379View attachment 563380View attachment 563381View attachment 563382View attachment 563383View attachment 563384View attachment 563385View attachment 563386View attachment 563387View attachment 563388View attachment 563389
Looks very much like my Rigby in 275 Rigby Sporter built by them in 1956. I would get the Rigby certification from Rigby in London. I did then framed it

Good idea. I will contact Rigby. Thanks. I'm also going to have this gun delivered to JJ and have him go through it with any suggestions as well as some ideas on scope mounts.

THANK GOD!

Im not normally drawn to stuff like this.. but.. that rifle was whispering in my ear a little lol...
Dave, if you are over here again I’ll let my Rigby whisper in your ear. In fact I’ll leave the two of you to have a full conversation. :LOL:

Beautiful Rifle.

Not wishing to detract from the OP’s sale which seems to have been successfully concluded but there is a drop dead gorgeous Rigby Highland Stalker for sale in the U.K. you can look at it, if you so wish, on “The Stalking Directory “ of course in 275.
£7500 . That is $9100 at the moment. Originally it cost £16000. I have no dog in this fight just passing it on. Export from the U.K. can be arranged I’m sure.

IMG_0568.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyanBetche

Latest profile posts

Longfeather1 wrote on Cmwkwarrwn's profile.
Hello Clark
Thanks for the interest in my rifle. If you want to discuss it further you can email me direct at [redacted] or call my cell number [redacted].
Look forward to talking with you.
Regards,
Jack Kramer
quacker attacker wrote on JMV375's profile.
Hello, My wife and I hunted with Marius 2 years ago. He fit us into his schedule after a different outfitter "bailed" on us. He was always very good with communications and although we didn't end up meeting him personally, he called us multiple times during our hunt to make sure things were going well. We were very happy with him.
TERMINATOR wrote on Cuthberto's profile.
Reach out to the guys at Epic Outdoors.

They will steer you right for landowner tags and outfitters that have them.

I have held a membership with them for years and they are an invaluable resource.

Way better that asking random people on the internet...WAY better

Raskolnikov743 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
Skydiver386,

Did you ever find your 30-06 CZ550? I own a fairly solid conditioned one, if you wanted to talk.

[redacted]