For Sale Pre-REM Dakota In .416 Rigby

AES

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Clearing out some space and that may involve my all-time favorite caliber (don’t need 3, necessarily). This was a rifle from the last run of pre-REM Dakotas commissioned by Kevin’s, for stock. Has all of the bells and whistles. Good sights, good case color, detach Talley’s and upgraded wood. Shoots lights out - easily a < 1 MOA gun with federal Aframe or Woodleigh hydros. There are significant belt/ammo rubs on it, as well as other well-gained safari bush markers. Nothing offensive, more just depressions in the oil finish, as opposed to significant mares. Would characterize as a 8/10 on looks and a 10/10 mechanically. Doesn’t bother me but it’s also not like new. Z6i 1.7-10x now on it. Believe I paid, $11k for rifle new . . . Will sell with optics for $9k obo. Happy to do live video, chat, whatever - I appreciate this is not a small purchase and more info will be needed.
Andrew

IMG_2216.jpeg
IMG_2217.jpeg
IMG_2218.jpeg
IMG_2219.jpeg
IMG_2220.jpeg
IMG_2225.jpeg
IMG_2224.jpeg
IMG_2223.jpeg
IMG_2221.jpeg
IMG_2226.jpeg
IMG_2229.jpeg
IMG_2230.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
2 things that may be worth mentioning; 1, this gun has spent around 30 days in the field from new, 2 I was intentional in over emphasizing flaws. It really presents well if you dont angle the light to expose each indentation/flaw. It’s a a great rig. 13.75”lop.

I know most .416 Rigby rifles hold 3 cartridges down. Is it the same for a Dakota?

Reactions: AES
I know most .416 Rigby rifles hold 3 cartridges down. Is it the same for a Dakota?
I have a couple of custom built on BBK2 actions built by Less Bauska which take 4 in the magazine comfortably. I havent checked my 86 safari. If I am right it also takes 4 in the magazine comfortably..
Krish

Nice rifle with a reasonable price. Good luck with the sale.

HH

...Nice rifle. Great lion!

Clearing out some space and that may involve my all-time favorite caliber (don’t need 3, necessarily). This was a rifle from the last run of pre-REM Dakotas commissioned by Kevin’s, for stock. Has all of the bells and whistles. Good sights, good case color, detach Talley’s and upgraded wood. Shoots lights out - easily a < 1 MOA gun with federal Aframe or Woodleigh hydros. There are significant belt/ammo rubs on it, as well as other well-gained safari bush markers. Nothing offensive, more just depressions in the oil finish, as opposed to significant mares. Would characterize as a 8/10 on looks and a 10/10 mechanically. Doesn’t bother me but it’s also not like new. Z6i 1.7-10x now on it. Believe I paid, $11k for rifle new . . . Will sell with optics for $9k obo. Happy to do live video, chat, whatever - I appreciate this is not a small purchase and more info will be needed.
Andrew

View attachment 544543View attachment 544544View attachment 544545View attachment 544546View attachment 544547View attachment 544548View attachment 544549View attachment 544550View attachment 544551View attachment 544552View attachment 544553View attachment 544554
Beautiful Dakota, great pic with lion!

Perfect 416 Rigby and that's one of THE best scopes for a medium heavy rifle. That's a good price with the optic for sure.

In response to further questions: Yes, I will sell without optics. But not without rings as they came with and the QD Talley’s match the other metal finish.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CameronPro

Latest profile posts

Ryanelson wrote on Sturgeondrjb's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa
HerbJohnson wrote on Triathlete3's profile.
If you have an email, I would love to be able to chat with you about J.P.H. Prohunt. My email address is [redacted]. Thanks.
Another Wildebees cull shot this morning!
We are doing a cull hunt this week!

Hyde Hunter wrote on Ontario Hunter's profile.
which East Cape Taxidermist are you referring to? I had Lauriston do my work not real happy with them. oh thanks for the advise on the mount hangers a few months ago. Jim