For Sale Or Trade 416 Rigby RSM For Kimber Talkeetna

ACM

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
NOTICE: This is a re-posting due to the fact that I would now consider a trade. Willing to trade for a Kimber Talkeetna 375 H&H that is in GOOD condition.
2nd Possible Trade: A bolt action 30-06 (safari grade) w/ fancy wood & twist suitable for 220gr bullet. Or any grade Blaser R8 30-06.
Ruger RSM 416 RIGBY:
Serial number shows to be an early 90’s model (‘92 if I remember correctly). I purchased the gun from a ex Ruger employee who fired (7)rnds through it. It came with a box of 400gr partitions (7) missing. I shot the remaining (13)rnds.
The gun is in great shape aesthetically & mechanically. There is a slight depression/mark on the left side of stock you can only see when lighting is perfect. I tried to highlight this in a photo. The gun shoots to the sights & recoil is surprisingly mild (as far a big bores go). This gun has exceptional factory wood & low shot count. Gun weighs 10lbs 2oz on my packing scale.
Price $3000USD +cost of shipping.

IMG_4623.jpeg
IMG_4621.jpeg
IMG_4624.jpeg
IMG_4622.jpeg
IMG_5161.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice rifle, fair trade!

I know what RSM .416 Rigbys cost. I know what Rigby Big Games cost. What does a Kimber Talkeetna .416 cost?

MSRP on a Kimber Talkeetna 375 H&H was ~$2400 last year.

When I spoke to Kimber earlier this year they were no longer in production. Even though they are on the website.

When I spoke to Kimber earlier this year they were no longer in production. Even though they are on the website.
I tried to order one almost (2)years ago. Kimber told my FFL that they were not currently producing any, but they had not been discontinued. I figured writing was on the wall, and I would have to find a used one someday.

I absolutely love my Talkeetna, sad they stopped producing them. At the Pittsburgh Chapter SCI banquet last month, I held a Christensen Arms .375H&H Traverse, it felt pretty nice.

Bump still available! Happy new year!
I will lower price to $2800 +cost of shipping

@Northern Shooter I am happy to work with you, if you can find a way to get it done. I’m not sure what it costs or what is involved.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RVWClevela

Latest profile posts

EC HUNTING SAFARIS wrote on MarcoPani's profile.
Happy Birthday, from Grahamstown, South Africa.
I hope your day is great!
Cheers
Marius
EC HUNTING SAFARIS wrote on Ilkay Taskin's profile.
Happy Birthday from Grahamstown, South Africa! I hope you have a great day!
Cheers, Marius
idjeffp wrote on Jon R15's profile.
Hi Jon,
I saw your post for the .500 NE cases. Are these all brass or are they nickel plated? Hard for me to tell... sorry.
Thanks,
Jeff [redacted]
Boise, ID
[redacted]