For Sale - Left Hand Winchester M70 375 H&H with Echols Legend Stock

DOES THIS RIFLE HOLD 4 DOWN OR 5 DOWN?

I am very tempted but have an identical rifle - LH New Haven M70 in .375 H&H - being restocked by Aaron Little right now. I have tried to reach D'Archy Echols without success for a similar project building a LH M70 in 308 Norma Magnum. I like the Legend stock concept, but if I don't hear from D'Arcy soon, I'll go to McMillan for a CF/Kevlar stock.

Good luck with the sale. Nice DG rifle!
Its 3+1 or 4+1...I cant remember off top of my head but I know its not 5. I had one of Duane Wiebe's XRM boxes that would have made it 5 but ended up using it on my 416 Rem. Kind of wish I would have used it on this.

When McMillan switched ownership a while back they started making Darcy order stocks in 10 quantity increments...fine for right handers but getting ten lefties together at the same time took a while. Darcy is extremely particular about quality control (as he should be for what he charges for his rifles) and I think they had some hiccups out of McMillan at one time. It may have just become a logistical PITA to try and keep track of stocks, people changing mind, etc. Either way it sucks because his stocks fit better than any synthetic stock I own and getting anymore of them has become almost impossible.

That is a gorgeous looking rifle. Longshot question, Would you consider any trades?

I have a few Lh Model 70’s that are all wearing factory wood stocks that are too short LOP for me.

That is a gorgeous looking rifle. Longshot question, Would you consider any trades?

I have a few Lh Model 70’s that are all wearing factory wood stocks that are too short LOP for me.
Nothing I really need at the moment and if I get anymore M70s they turn into more custom rifles.

Nothing I really need at the moment and if I get anymore M70s they turn into more custom rifles.
I suspected as much. I have a few deals in the works so I may circle back later if they pan out and if you don’t move that too soon. Good luck with your sale.

DOES THIS RIFLE HOLD 4 DOWN OR 5 DOWN?

I am very tempted but have an identical rifle - LH New Haven M70 in .375 H&H - being restocked by Aaron Little right now. I have tried to reach D'Archy Echols without success for a similar project building a LH M70 in 308 Norma Magnum. I like the Legend stock concept, but if I don't hear from D'Arcy soon, I'll go to McMillan for a CF/Kevlar stock.

Good luck with the sale. Nice DG rifle!
I ended up talking with Bansner and I am waiting for a quote to arrive tomorrow. I liked their customer service and willingness to do what I wanted done.

Right now I have the M70 action trued, a Brux 308 barrel with 1:10 twist with chamber cut for 308 NM, and Sunny Hill bottom metal. I will post as the project advances.

Not to hijack the thread what m70s are you looking to trade or sell via PM?

Its 3+1 or 4+1...I cant remember off top of my head but I know its not 5. I had one of Duane Wiebe's XRM boxes that would have made it 5 but ended up using it on my 416 Rem. Kind of wish I would have used it on this.

When McMillan switched ownership a while back they started making Darcy order stocks in 10 quantity increments...fine for right handers but getting ten lefties together at the same time took a while. Darcy is extremely particular about quality control (as he should be for what he charges for his rifles) and I think they had some hiccups out of McMillan at one time. It may have just become a logistical PITA to try and keep track of stocks, people changing mind, etc. Either way it sucks because his stocks fit better than any synthetic stock I own and getting anymore of them has become almost impossible.
I've got a Win 70 Post-64 CRF 330 Dakota with a D'Arcy Echols McMillan stock. The fit is unbelievable. Wish McMillan would offer them but I believe D'Arcy must have a Trademark on them....that's only an assumption. I also have emailed & called D'Arcy numerous times, over the past several years, as well. Never got a response.

If your rifle was right handed I'd buy it. Great build. Hope you get it sold.

I've got a Win 70 Post-64 CRF 330 Dakota with a D'Arcy Echols McMillan stock. The fit is unbelievable. Wish McMillan would offer them but I believe D'Arcy must have a Trademark on them....that's only an assumption. I also have emailed & called D'Arcy numerous times, over the past several years, as well. Never got a response.

If your rifle was right handed I'd buy it. Great build. Hope you get it sold.
If I remember correctly years ago Darcy paid to have a mold made with McMillan and its like $25k or so per mold...so $25k for left hand and $25k for right hand and then he owns the rights to the design so they have to be purchased through him.

If I remember correctly years ago Darcy paid to have a mold made with McMillan and its like $25k or so per mold...so $25k for left hand and $25k for right hand and then he owns the rights to the design so they have to be purchased through him.
That sheds some light on things.

You might want to hang on to your 375 H&H. You'll regret letting that one go.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TerrenceHi

Latest profile posts

idjeffp wrote on Jon R15's profile.
Hi Jon,
I saw your post for the .500 NE cases. Are these all brass or are they nickel plated? Hard for me to tell... sorry.
Thanks,
Jeff [redacted]
Boise, ID
[redacted]
African Scenic Safaris is a Sustainable Tour Operator based in Moshi, Tanzania. Established in 2009 as a family business, the company is owned and operated entirely by locals who share the same passion for showing people the amazing country of Tanzania and providing a fantastic personalized service.
FDP wrote on dailordasailor's profile.
1200 for the 375 barrel and accessories?