For Sale - Left Hand Winchester M70 375 H&H with Echols Legend Stock

JMJ888

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
This one stings to let go of but it’s not getting any use and needs a good home.

Left Hand CRF New Haven Winchester M70
23.5” Brux Stainless 1 in 12 twist barrel #5 contour
NECG adjustable rear sight and masterpiece banded front sight with red bead
Talley bases opened to 8-40 screw holes
Secondary recoil lug
Jewell trigger set at 2lbs - adjustable up or down as desired.
Williams 1 piece bottom metal
NECG Barrel mounted sling stud
All metalwork completed by John Farner in NM.
Cerakoted black on all metal work.

I fired about 7 rounds through it when it was in the original factory wood stock with no bedding for sight in and accuracy. Easily held 1” with 300gr factory Barnes TSX at 100yds.

After that I was able to talk Darcy Echols into ordering two of his Legend McMillan stocks as left handed flat tops and sent one off with the metalwork to Chad Dixon at LRI in Sturgis. They CNC inlet the metal into the stock and used their pillar bedding process which creates one of the prettiest bedding jobs I’ve seen. They also inlet a rear sling stud, painted the stock Magpul FDE with black speckles and finished it over a 1” red Decelerator. Length of pull is 14.75” as it sits now and right at 9lbs on my scale.
Anybody that has handled the Echols stocks knows it’s one of the best feeling/fitting synthetic stocks made. I have not fired it since I got it back from LRI and would like to see it go to a good home.

Asking $5750 + shipping to FFL. Located in NW Houston and can meet local within decent radius.

IMG_5677.jpeg
IMG_5678.jpeg
IMG_5679.jpeg
IMG_5681.jpeg
IMG_5682.jpeg
IMG_5683.jpeg
IMG_5684.jpeg
IMG_5689.jpeg
IMG_5690.jpeg
IMG_5685.jpeg
IMG_5686.jpeg
IMG_5687.jpeg
IMG_5688.jpeg
IMG_5691.jpeg
IMG_5692.jpeg
IMG_5693.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a factory one for sale right now. I love yours.

That’s a great looking rifle and a fair asking price for what all has been done to make it such a good looking and I’m sure preforming rifle. GLWS

JMJ888 has a great deal on a solid build right there. Too bad its not a 375 Ruger! ;p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CandiceRon

Latest profile posts

quacker attacker wrote on JMV375's profile.
Hello, My wife and I hunted with Marius 2 years ago. He fit us into his schedule after a different outfitter "bailed" on us. He was always very good with communications and although we didn't end up meeting him personally, he called us multiple times during our hunt to make sure things were going well. We were very happy with him.
TERMINATOR wrote on Cuthberto's profile.
Reach out to the guys at Epic Outdoors.

They will steer you right for landowner tags and outfitters that have them.

I have held a membership with them for years and they are an invaluable resource.

Way better that asking random people on the internet...WAY better

Raskolnikov743 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
Skydiver386,

Did you ever find your 30-06 CZ550? I own a fairly solid conditioned one, if you wanted to talk.

[redacted]
Ryanelson wrote on Flipper Dude's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa