For Sale Frederick Beesley Left-hand 416 Rigby With Scope

ahh

Ok, time to revive this offering. It is a great rifle. Why hasn't it sold? A combination of things I think. I listed it during a robust flu season that was going around the world. No one was traveling or thinking about going to Africa. So maybe a bad time to list. Also, a very limited market for best quality left hand bolt guns. And apparently the price. $9500 did not work. Sportsmen's Finest in Austin listed it for $15000 when they took a bunch of my guns to help reduce my personal collection. That was obviously too much. The gun has received lots of compliments but no buyers. How about $7500? Quite a bit less than I paid but thankfully I don't make a living selling guns. In Texas/Colorado and can be reached by text: 9 oh 3 two 45 double 0 fifty eight.

I don’t think your $7500 asking price is offensive at all. If a lefty wants a nice gun, that’s a nice gun surely worth it, and surely would be $15,000 to have a similar one built today.

The general issue is it’s a quality tool, not a collectible gun. Meaning, if it were right handed it would have 20x the potential customers not just by utility, but also because righty guns satiate a collector/investor interest that lefties, crossover stocked, and central vision guns don’t.

I’m not aware of any lefty largebore for sale in the USA at present that is at this quality at this price point. It will sell, it’s just a smaller subset of gun owners that can use it. Price wasn’t the issue, but lowering price surely helps any gun sell.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-08-13 at 7.35.50 AM.png
    Screenshot 2023-08-13 at 7.35.50 AM.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 32
  • Screenshot 2023-08-13 at 7.35.51 AM.png
    Screenshot 2023-08-13 at 7.35.51 AM.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 29
  • Screenshot 2023-08-13 at 7.35.52 AM.png
    Screenshot 2023-08-13 at 7.35.52 AM.png
    682.5 KB · Views: 27
  • Screenshot 2023-08-13 at 7.35.53 AM.png
    Screenshot 2023-08-13 at 7.35.53 AM.png
    654.8 KB · Views: 31
JMM - I sent you a message.

I’m more interested in a .458 Lott, but it is getting close to my birthday, so I could probably talk myself in to this .416 Rigby. Probably sell one of my .375 H&H SAKO’s… I just need to retire and start hunting more!

That is odd. Starting bid at $7500 and two bids noted and price is still $7500.

I have seen this rifle numerous times. It is very well done!
Initial bidder likely put a starting bid in at 7500. Then, went back and increased their bid to cover being outbid at a later point, especially if the end time is when they are at work or traveling and can't follow the auction.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brittney99

Latest profile posts

DEAR SIR/MADAM,
DO YOU NEED FINANCE?
ARE YOU LOOKING FOR FINANCE?
ARE YOU LOOKING FOR FINANCE TO ENLARGE YOUR BUSINESS?
WE HELP INDIVIDUALS AND COMPANIES TO OBTAIN FINANCE FOR BUSINESS
EXPANDING AND TO SETUP A NEW BUSINESS RANGING ANY AMOUNT. GET FINANCE AT AFFORDABLE INTEREST RATE OF 3% contact us Pacific landing Whatsapp +91, Seven, Three, 0, Three, Three, Eight, Two, Six, Three, One
NYAMAZANA SAFARIS wrote on majorsafari's profile.
Trail cam image is of a cat we never took .. it’s not a great image but I can assure you it’s a very big cat . Other photo is of my client with his cat this year .
thokau wrote on Just a dude in BC's profile.
Hallo, ein Freund von mir lebt auf einer Farm in den Rocky Mountains.
Leider kam es dort in den letzten Wochen zu Bränden.
Hoffe es geht dir gut!?