For Sale Dakota Traveler Safari 404 Dakota/7mm Dakota

If u can get brass and dies this will be a great set
Ward Dobler at ParkWest has a wealth of knowledge and very helpful. He was with Dakota for years
I have heard the name Ward mentioned here several times and I am sure he is helpful and knowledgeable on the subject of Dakota rifles and cartridges. I was not trying to say anything negative about him, Dakota, or Parkwest. For whatever reason I was unable to connect with him or others over the last few weeks and didn't want to wait any longer to list the rifle. From my conversations with @krish it sounds like he will be able to get the build sheet for this firearm and I expect he will be pleased.

@krish Ammunition was shipped via UPS and rifle dropped off for shipping at my FFL this morning. All should arrive next week.

Darn...have not been on the internet lately and i missed this for sure...well more than likely i would have gotten a deal done! I have the 330 Dak and 404 Dak set with LOTS of ammo and brass. I have a couple HSP take down sets as well but totally different animal although extremely nice as well. Beautiful set up!

I have 2 traveler sets that are top end
338 Lapua and 416 Rigby
375 H&H and 458 Lott
Both barrels from each set shoot amazingly accurate
Plan to take them to Africa on future safaris
The custom cases are extremely heavy and rifles are not light
Received the rifle today. They are as described Yes they are heavy like you said. The case is built like a tank.
Krish

Wow glad I missed this one, I saved some $$$ but that is a beautiful rifle and would have loved to be handling it!

@Goat416
Is great to deal with. Will do business with him happily again. Shipped the product with no delay.
Krish
@krish
Thank you. I'm sure everyone here already knows, Krish was easy to work with and made the transaction easy. I would definitely deal with him again.

Nice rifle(s) and a good deal for 2 guns. You should be able to get a build sheet from Parkwest. Would go a long way here to know the vintage and particular specs.
Beautiful rifle; congratulations to both the seller and the new owner.

Hopefully Krish will be able to obtain the build sheet, but they are limited to the records which are available. I spoke with both Ward and another gentleman at Parkwest Arms concerning a similar Dakota; they were able to confirm the basic configuration but were unable to locate the actual build sheet. One fellow told me that it was probably manufactured in the 2007-2009 timeframe. The other fellow told me that it had been sold in 2017 but built sometime prior to that, possibly as a show gun.

Apparently not all records transferred to Parkwest Arms following the Remington bankruptcy and sale of assets (which at that time included Dakota Arms). Still a beautiful rifle though.

Beautiful rifle; congratulations to both the seller and the new owner.

Hopefully Krish will be able to obtain the build sheet, but they are limited to the records which are available. I spoke with both Ward and another gentleman at Parkwest Arms concerning a similar Dakota; they were able to confirm the basic configuration but were unable to locate the actual build sheet. One fellow told me that it was probably manufactured in the 2007-2009 timeframe. The other fellow told me that it had been sold in 2017 but built sometime prior to that, possibly as a show gun.

Apparently not all records transferred to Parkwest Arms following the Remington bankruptcy and sale of assets (which at that time included Dakota Arms). Still a beautiful rifle though.
I just talked to them. They are emailing me the details.
Thanks.
Krish

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MonroeDeva

Latest profile posts

Ryanelson wrote on Flipper Dude's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa
Ryanelson wrote on Sturgeondrjb's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa
HerbJohnson wrote on Triathlete3's profile.
If you have an email, I would love to be able to chat with you about J.P.H. Prohunt. My email address is [redacted]. Thanks.
Another Wildebees cull shot this morning!
We are doing a cull hunt this week!