SkullKeeper

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
RSA, Tanzania, Zambia
Outstanding condition for a 60 year old rifle, made in 1963 so no salt possibility, exceptional trigger, this is how it was when I bought it (no original rear sight, just the peep) except for the stock spacers - and I had them shaped so I could keep the original recoil pad. I mounted a scope and zeroed - it shoots sub MOA with my hand loads (I never tried any factory ammo) and I can provide load data. Selling because I already have another 375 and am moving so trying to be practical, downsizing where I can/need to. I have this much in the rifle so just want what I paid - $1700 plus the shipping cost.
IMG_4532.jpeg
IMG_4531.jpeg
IMG_4526.jpeg
IMG_4524.jpeg
IMG_4522.jpeg
IMG_4529.jpeg
IMG_4528.jpeg
IMG_4527.jpeg
IMG_4530.jpeg
IMG_4521.jpeg
IMG_4523.jpeg

Outstanding condition for a 60 year old rifle, made in 1963 so no salt possibility, exceptional trigger, this is how it was when I bought it (no original rear sight, just the peep) except for the stock spacers - and I had them shaped so I could keep the original recoil pad. I mounted a scope and zeroed - it shoots sub MOA with my hand loads (I never tried any factory ammo) and I can provide load data. Selling because I already have another 375 and am moving so trying to be practical, downsizing where I can/need to. I have this much in the rifle so just want what I paid - $1700 plus the shipping cost. View attachment 570427View attachment 570428View attachment 570429View attachment 570430View attachment 570431View attachment 570432View attachment 570433View attachment 570434View attachment 570435View attachment 570436View attachment 570437
That is an extraordinary deal! I have one like it built in 64 and if I didn't I would be all over that. Good luck with your sale, can't imagine it will last long!

Very nice rifle, and seems like a fantastic deal! I'm just curious, was the spacer added because you needed more Length-of-Pull or because the stock had been cut down? Also, do you have pics of the underside of the rifle; showing the floorplate, trigger guard, and foregrip?

Excellent rifle and price. An individual would be hard pressed to find a better production 375 to take to Africa.

Very nice rifle, and seems like a fantastic deal! I'm just curious, was the spacer added because you needed more Length-of-Pull or because the stock had been cut down? Also, do you have pics of the underside of the rifle; showing the floorplate, trigger guard, and foregrip?
I needed longer length of pull. The underside :
IMG_4525.jpeg

Excellent rifle and price. An individual would be hard pressed to find a better production 375 to take to Africa.
I agree - that’s why I bought it ! But honestly I couldn’t bring myself to take it over there since it was so clean, knowing it could get a bit of “character”. Sometimes rifles are too nice to take hunting lol

Do you know it total weight?
Barrel length?
How many rounds it takes?
Thanks in advance!

IMG_4535.jpeg

The stock may or may not have been cut - I’m not sure of the original length (and not sure if recoil pad was standard on the magnum safari rifle but I’d expect so. I have an ‘65 Safari in 30-06 and the stock wood length is 12.75” (13.5” total) then the butt pad is added.
IMG_4535.jpeg

The stock may or may not have been cut - I’m not sure of the original length (and not sure if recoil pad was standard on the magnum safari rifle but I’d expect so. I have an ‘65 Safari in 30-06 and the stock wood length is 12.75” (13.5” total) then the butt pad is added. View attachment 570505
Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForrestOso

Latest profile posts

Ryanelson wrote on Flipper Dude's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa
Ryanelson wrote on Sturgeondrjb's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa
HerbJohnson wrote on Triathlete3's profile.
If you have an email, I would love to be able to chat with you about J.P.H. Prohunt. My email address is [redacted]. Thanks.
Another Wildebees cull shot this morning!
We are doing a cull hunt this week!