FNG from North Texas - Leaving on First Safari in a Few Days - This Place is an Awesome Wealth of Knowledge - Thank You All!

Sounds like you are very well prepared. Enjoy the experience.

Have a great trip! I think being able to hunt both the Karoo and the coastal area is a winner. That's what I did on my trip earlier this month.

Definitely saw snow in our area which was between Cradock and Graff-Reinet. That said, it was upper elevations only so I don't think it will be a big deal for you. I wore a long sleeve shirt with a wicking tee underneath, a fleece pullover, and either a nylon rain jacket or an insulated vest. Unless I'm greatly mistaken, you will probably be either walking or in a vehicle so you will stay warm either way. On our hunt only the trackers rode up in the seats in the back of the truck. The coast should be upwards of 10 deg F warmer. I had two short sleeve and two long sleeve shirts along with two pair of hunting pants.

Olivewoods is just a bit west of where we hunted in Salem. Did see a lot of nyala, some impala, and more than a few bushbuck. Bushbuck were harder for me than the nyala. It took me parts of three days before I could get a good shot on a older male.

Greetings TEXLNGHRN,

Khomas Highland Hunting & Fishing Safaris of Namibia, welcomes you to the greatest forum on earth.

I am looking forward to your hunt report and photos.

Best Regards,
Velo Dog.

Welcome to AH! Good luck on your hunt.

Welcome from Prosper! Your Bergara is a solid choice. My HMR Pro served me well on my last trip!

Are you taking your tripod? Or will you be using shooting sticks? If the later, I would suggest getting a few reps on them before you leave, it’s a much different experience.

Can’t wait to read all about your trip!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
suminasharma

Latest profile posts

Bluecyclone wrote on LES7's profile.
Hello there,
Could you tell me if your model 70 has two recoil lugs? I have heard some of the super express rifles had one, while the safari express has two.
Thank you.
Brant.
Saddlemaker wrote on Drexel64742's profile.
Hi Drexel, Would like to purchase your brass , Would a business check be fine?
overunderranger wrote on Stamp Collector's profile.
I'm interested in the 28 gauge Ruger, if you still have it.
Tanner wrote on gearguywb's profile.
I’m blown away the rifle hasn’t sold. I will take it!
wolfhunter wrote on Mark haynes's profile.
I hunted with you a couple years back speedy goat with Don Lynch call me