First trip, but not the last.....

Greenhorn

AH senior member
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
If you had told me 5 years ago, I'd be addicted to anything; I would have laughed at you. I have been hunting and fishing in Texas most of my life and aspire to check off my boxes for western hunting one day, but nothing could have prepared me for my first African Safari. Africa captured my heart and imagination on my first trip in May 2022 the bush was still healthy and green, the game was challenging and rewarding, and the people were warm and friendly. I was even luckier to be able to share this first experience at just 24 years old with my dad! The success of this first trip can largely be attributed to the threads on this forum that I spent hours of my time every day researching to make sure everything went right, from importers, exporters, and gear I was able to research here, which I used to combine with the knowledge and experience of my PH. I want to thank all of the current members for their time and knowledge that they lend to us on these threads. I am excited to join this community today and look forward to growing in knowledge and experience alongside all of you and to hear some of your campfire stories. If you are in the Houston area, don't be afraid to reach out to connect as well!

IMG_4690.jpeg
IMG_4566.jpeg
IMG_4561.jpeg
IMG_4646.jpeg
IMG_4678.jpeg
IMG_4814.jpeg

Some nice trophies there, welcome to AH!

If you had told me 5 years ago, I'd be addicted to anything; I would have laughed at you. I have been hunting and fishing in Texas most of my life and aspire to check off my boxes for western hunting one day, but nothing could have prepared me for my first African Safari. Africa captured my heart and imagination on my first trip in May 2022 the bush was still healthy and green, the game was challenging and rewarding, and the people were warm and friendly. I was even luckier to be able to share this first experience at just 24 years old with my dad! The success of this first trip can largely be attributed to the threads on this forum that I spent hours of my time every day researching to make sure everything went right, from importers, exporters, and gear I was able to research here, which I used to combine with the knowledge and experience of my PH. I want to thank all of the current members for their time and knowledge that they lend to us on these threads. I am excited to join this community today and look forward to growing in knowledge and experience alongside all of you and to hear some of your campfire stories. If you are in the Houston area, don't be afraid to reach out to connect as well!

View attachment 510189View attachment 510190View attachment 510193View attachment 510192View attachment 510194View attachment 510196
Congrats! I would say you’re not a greenhorn anymore! Welcome to the addiction!

Welcome to the dark side and the African safari addiction club. Please post a report on your first African Safari with your Dad.

Great looking animals. Congrats on your first safari and welcome aboard. Nothing like the siren song of Africa and her game fields call you back

Howdy from Lake Houston area. Welcome!

View attachment 510189View attachment 510190View attachment 510193View attachment 510192View attachment 510194View attachment 510196
Congratulations on some very nice trophies!

Giday Greenhorn and welcome to the AH forums.

Welcome and congratulations on your animals! Great kudu and really nice impala!

Hello Greenhorn. Congratulations on such a spectacular first hunt. I am so happy that yet another person is addicted to Africa, especially at such a young age! Imagine the trips that lay ahead of you. When my husband and I went in 2015 it was SUPPOSED to be a once-in-a-lifetime experience. Needless to say, that didn't work. I am even more addicted than my husband....and I don't even hunt. I just love being a part of the hunt. Anyway, welcome officially to AH. I've just been here a few months myself.

Conroe area here. Nice Sendero, got the same one, love it. Congrats on a successful trip.

Congrats! I would say you’re not a greenhorn anymore! Welcome to the addiction!
Thanks, Scott! I look forward to trying to support this addiction, but still have a lot to learn! let me know of any cool places I should add to my bucket list or any tips you think would be useful to me!

Welcome to the dark side and the African safari addiction club. Please post a report on your first African Safari with your Dad.
I'll get right on that! could you send me what's considered a good report so I have a better idea of the format?"

Great looking animals. Congrats on your first safari and welcome aboard. Nothing like the siren song of Africa and her game fields call you back
Thank you! The siren song definitely has been keeping me up at night

Hello Greenhorn. Congratulations on such a spectacular first hunt. I am so happy that yet another person is addicted to Africa, especially at such a young age! Imagine the trips that lay ahead of you. When my husband and I went in 2015 it was SUPPOSED to be a once-in-a-lifetime experience. Needless to say, that didn't work. I am even more addicted than my husband....and I don't even hunt. I just love being a part of the hunt. Anyway, welcome officially to AH. I've just been here a few months myself.
It was supposed to be once in a lifetime for me too, but there's no way I cant go back haha!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ABUBAS

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

idjeffp wrote on Jon R15's profile.
Hi Jon,
I saw your post for the .500 NE cases. Are these all brass or are they nickel plated? Hard for me to tell... sorry.
Thanks,
Jeff [redacted]
Boise, ID
[redacted]
African Scenic Safaris is a Sustainable Tour Operator based in Moshi, Tanzania. Established in 2009 as a family business, the company is owned and operated entirely by locals who share the same passion for showing people the amazing country of Tanzania and providing a fantastic personalized service.
FDP wrote on dailordasailor's profile.
1200 for the 375 barrel and accessories?