First time to Africa

You've got to give Jerry Huffaker a chance too. He has won numerous awards, and his work has no peer. He is in Abilene, TX.
 
Thanks for all the replies. I will be contacting some of these people in the next few days.
We will be hunting with Hartzview near Kimberley. I am taking my 300 win mag, my wife will be using her 308, and she has a big desire to shoot something with her 500 S & W revolver.
 
Getting close, starting to feel real. Leaving on July 19 for 9 day plains game hunt. Getting everything gathered up and making check lists to go over in the last few days. Loads worked up, just need final practice days. The wife and I are getting impatient!
Got a question for some of you other East Texas guys. Who do ya'll recommend for taxidermy?
In East Texas I would recommend The Sportsman's Memory Shop in Grapeland Tx. They are one of the very best.
 
Best of luck sir! Following this also for taxidermy recommendation, albeit I'm on the other side of the state. I've heard good things about a guy near San Antonio, but I can't remember the name of the shop now.

Double Nickle in New Braunsfels?

Jon Wilson does good work!
 
Good luck to you; can't wait to read your hunting report and see pictures of your trophies.
 
Double Nickle in New Braunsfels?

Jon Wilson does good work!
I can't remember for the life of me....I'll have to call the guy I was talking to and ask him again
 
Kanati taxidermy in Pennsylvania does my work. Outstanding to say the least. I ve used Jimmy Derringer Woodbury Taxidermy over in your neck of the woods several times. Always very good.
 
  • Like
Reactions: PLM

Forum statistics

Threads
70,265
Messages
1,571,003
Members
169,218
Latest member
JasminKoop
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

autofire wrote on ThinAirHunter's profile.
I think forum prohibits making reference or giving personal references to PH/Outfitters that don't advertise on this forum.

But you can call me. I would be happy to discuss Cape Buffalo .

Bob 813-310-6992
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
rdog wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Bob i was at Rebel gun works last Friday they had once fired 25/20 brass in their up stairs section , how are the knees going?
 
Top