First time question

I hunted with my two sons. We all had the same "package." However we all swapped out or upgraded so that we had 9 animals instead of six. Of the animals we had in common only the best one was mounted. But in this case there is no right or wrong answer. A little discussion ahead of time will get both of you on the same page. When in Africa, take what the bush gives you and adjust as necessary. If you and the Mrs. are already planning return trips there shouldn't be any difficulties regardless of which way you go. Just make sure that each of you wind up with some mounts to commemorate your first African hunt together.

As posted in many threads, African hunting can be a crapshoot and some animals that meet your criterion may not present themselves. If a second trip is almost certain, I would find an agreeable split and increase the number of animals. Don't forget taxidermy. That can easily double the cost of the hunt.

What ever you decide to do make sure you have a taxidermy plan in mind before you start your hunt. The worst time to make taxidermy decisions is right after a great hunt with a great outfitter, "Mount'em All, Mount'em All, cried the hunter". Wall space and or floor space plays a big part in what you can and can't mount, Kudu, Gemsbok and Eland need a lot of space to display. Another consideration is cost, @Shootist43 can confirm this but after ALL the cost for our taxidermy (Dip & Pack, shipping, government fees, actual taxidermy) was added up I believe the average price per mount was right around $1300 each.

Personally I would try to avoid duplicates only because their are so many things to hunt in Africa. With that said trying to avoid duplicates on safari is like trying to avoid thorns in the Bushveld, it just won't happen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DarrylNade

Latest profile posts

idjeffp wrote on Jon R15's profile.
Hi Jon,
I saw your post for the .500 NE cases. Are these all brass or are they nickel plated? Hard for me to tell... sorry.
Thanks,
Jeff [redacted]
Boise, ID
[redacted]
African Scenic Safaris is a Sustainable Tour Operator based in Moshi, Tanzania. Established in 2009 as a family business, the company is owned and operated entirely by locals who share the same passion for showing people the amazing country of Tanzania and providing a fantastic personalized service.
FDP wrote on dailordasailor's profile.
1200 for the 375 barrel and accessories?