First time question

I hunted with my two sons. We all had the same "package." However we all swapped out or upgraded so that we had 9 animals instead of six. Of the animals we had in common only the best one was mounted. But in this case there is no right or wrong answer. A little discussion ahead of time will get both of you on the same page. When in Africa, take what the bush gives you and adjust as necessary. If you and the Mrs. are already planning return trips there shouldn't be any difficulties regardless of which way you go. Just make sure that each of you wind up with some mounts to commemorate your first African hunt together.
 
As posted in many threads, African hunting can be a crapshoot and some animals that meet your criterion may not present themselves. If a second trip is almost certain, I would find an agreeable split and increase the number of animals. Don't forget taxidermy. That can easily double the cost of the hunt.
 
What ever you decide to do make sure you have a taxidermy plan in mind before you start your hunt. The worst time to make taxidermy decisions is right after a great hunt with a great outfitter, "Mount'em All, Mount'em All, cried the hunter". Wall space and or floor space plays a big part in what you can and can't mount, Kudu, Gemsbok and Eland need a lot of space to display. Another consideration is cost, @Shootist43 can confirm this but after ALL the cost for our taxidermy (Dip & Pack, shipping, government fees, actual taxidermy) was added up I believe the average price per mount was right around $1300 each.

Personally I would try to avoid duplicates only because their are so many things to hunt in Africa. With that said trying to avoid duplicates on safari is like trying to avoid thorns in the Bushveld, it just won't happen.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,363
Messages
1,574,207
Members
169,955
Latest member
Bill85R594
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top