First Shot, Right Barrel or Left?

I always shoot the rear trigger first, and I lid it with a soft.

Never had a problem but I now shoot my SxS 28 gauge the same way now.

There must be more then one way to double a double as slow mo video on yioutube shows maybe a 12 inch barrel lift before the second barrel flash on some and others appear to be both at once.
My old AYA SXS 10 gauge doubled on me once after having it all apart for repairs. It never did it again on me but did on a guy I let shoot it. I wasn't standing by him when he shot it so didn't know how he handled the triggers.
For show and tell I used to fire both bbls at once using a finger on each trigger. I wondered if the action could be damaged from this so wrote the NRA Dope Bag asking. The guy that took the letter sent back a peeved response, which I still have, saying the action was probably okay with the double stunt but the stock was at greater risk and would be costly for my showing off.
No sense of humor that one.
P.S. I loaded 2 oz of 7-1/2 shot to shoot trap with it. 32 inch full and full. Didn't matter which bbl went first.
:)

Im front trigger first on all double trigger rifles/shotguns. For my mind, its the natural way to feel and pull the triggers? I guess if you think about it...taking the rear trigger first might give less chance to doubling the double but ive never done it accidentally!

I know not what the answer is for you as i barely know whats good for me! LOL! Good luck with that buck rash!

I have to add that the AYA SXS 10ga I used to shoot had a lovely shape to the trigger guard but the rear part with a generous curve pressed into my second finger from a normal grip so when firing the front trigger would hammer my finger pretty badly. I would actually position my 2nd finger forward under the trigger guard so it didn't get my finger. Since it was Full and full I just used the rear trigger most of the time.
This is where getting fitted for a DR would make a difference. IE; small hand and finger length vs grip area of the stock in relationship to the triggers, or choosing a single trigger. That may be the difference in really loving to shoot the rifle you own.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deo

Latest profile posts

gunslinger1971 wrote on Gray Fox's profile.
Do you still have the Browning 1895 and do you want to sell it? I'm might be interested. If so please let me know and do you have any pictures?

Steve in Missouri
[redacted]
Redfishga1 wrote on gearguywb's profile.
I would be interested in the ruger if the other guy is not.
Bartbux wrote on franzfmdavis's profile.
Btw…this was Kuche….had a great time.
Sorry to see your troubles on pricing.

Happy to call you and talk about experience…I’m also a Minnesota guy.