First Safari - I’ll hunt plains game - What caliber?

@mark-hunter View attachment 633757
That's the website mate.
Maybe @Daisy could read it and stop believing in the tooth fairy, Santa Claus and YouTube.
Real world results from real world research by real people. Not you tube and other advertising garbage.
Bob ob

:unsure::A Whistle::A Whistle:.....we are still talking about hunting 4 legged animals and not "primates" through....say a wall, correct?.....
Nah, nothing alive. I just shot a paper target, but when I did it was really dead.

@Doug Hamilton
Was this figure of speech, to make a point, or you were serious about 50 BMG in hunting?
Who hunts with 50 BMG? And with what platform?

(BTW I agree with all you said, after 50 bmg)
@mark-hunter
There is a YouTube video of some Muppet shooting a giraffe in the head with a 50BMG. Worked well but to me it was a stunt.
Bob

Nah, nothing alive. I just shot a paper target, but when I did it was really dead.
@Doug Hamilton
Dang mate you can even kill paper targets with a poorly placed shot out of a 243. Not pretty but works well in paper and you don't need to track it usually.
Bob

@mark-hunter That's the website mate.
Maybe @Daisy could read it and stop believing in the tooth fairy, Santa Claus and YouTube.
Real world results from real world research by real people. Not you tube and other advertising garbage.
Bob ob
Bob, I do have to disagree with your comments on YouTube. There are a ton of videos on their that demonstrate real tests by real individuals that are not for marketing. This is one of my favorite channels lately. He repeats the same exact tests on different factory ammo into gel blocks. Some very good information on bullet performance and ammo performance in his videos.

@Doug Hamilton
Was this figure of speech, to make a point, or you were serious about 50 BMG in hunting?
Who hunts with 50 BMG? And with what platform?

(BTW I agree with all you said, after 50 bmg)
Unfortunately not a figure of speech. I find this individual as unethical and disrespectful to the animals he hunts as those advocating for 223 on moose and elk, but unfortunately here is one of his videos. There are many more.

Definitely, not my "cup of tea".

It's probably not even legal, because, I doubt that he was even using an expanding bullet, which, as far I I know, is required for all big-game animals, in every state, in the USA.

This is also complete B.S...

You can't kill anything with a rifle without sending matter into the quarry.

You might be able to make it deaf, if you are close enough, but you won't kill it, unless you cause it to have a heart attack, stroke, or a lethal case of non-physical trauma.

I used to think that I was a nice guy...

As I approach 60, maybe I should just embrace "curmudgeon."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ristorazione-refrigerazione

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Read more at the link about our 40000 acre free range kudu area we will also be posting a deal on the deals page soon!
Our predator control is going very well
Looking for brass or reloads for 475noz2 Jefferies ammo. Any suggestions greatly appreciated. Charles