First Safari completed......Looking for a Buffalo hunt for the next safari

Letzhunt

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Hunting reports
Africa
I just completed my first African Safari in RSA in Limpopo. Plains game and very successful.....
I am now looking into another hunt for 2026. The next hunt will focus on Buffalo but also a couple more plains game.
Here is what I am looking for:

Hunt in late July or early August of 2026
Main focus will be a nice buffalo (I have a look in mind rather than just a size)
Other game will include a trophy quality Nyala, Springbuck and a long tusk Warthog. Possibly a Sable or others too.
I'd like to travel to a different area and I think the Eastern Cape would be my first choice.
Wife will be with me as an observer only and will be with me on the hunts for all but the Buffalo ( her choice!)
We will be doing some non-hunting adventures. could be before or after and even during for her. Thinking that visiting Cape Town would be one of those side trips.
Malaria free area is best
Length of hunt is negotiable
Accommodations will be important as will the views from the lodge
Meals.....Not to be snobby at all but I want a higher end meal service for my wife as it is her vacation too.

The Buff does not have to be a giant but I have a look in mind of the large hard bosses with horns that droop down to make the big curls. Just what I like when seeing them.

Any input is welcome and certainly recommendations for outfitters or chats and quotes from Outfitters that can offer what I'm looking for.

Thanks!

Give Gerrit @Bos en Dal SAFARIS a shout... he's got several mature bulls available at very reasonable prices.. located in the NW Province (different area than Limpopo, and very convienient to Joberg airport (about a 90 minute drive and youre there).. which also makes an excursion to Cape Town easy (when your hunt is over, its 90 minutes back to the airport, catch a regional flight, and a couple of hours later youre in Cape Town.. my family and I actually did this on our hunt last year.. we spent a week at Bos en Dal (my wife hunted a buff cow), and then we spent a week in Cape Town immediately following the hunt...

Food is excellent at Bos en Dal (several members here can attest to that).. all of your other identified PG animals are available there.. and there are also tons of excursion opportunities local to the area (largely due to the proximity to Jo'berg)... theres a wonderful elephant sanctuary nearby for example.. a really nice primate park thats very close.. a huge curio shopping area.. several day spas... some great restaurants in Rustenberg (just a 30-35 minute drive from camp), etc..

I think Bos en Dal might check all of your identified blocks..

I just completed my first African Safari in RSA in Limpopo. Plains game and very successful.....
I am now looking into another hunt for 2026. The next hunt will focus on Buffalo but also a couple more plains game.

Main focus will be a nice buffalo (I have a look in mind rather than just a size)
Other game will include a trophy quality Nyala, Springbuck and a long tusk Warthog. Possibly a Sable or others too.
I'd like to travel to a different area and I think the Eastern Cape would be my first choice.
Wife will be with me as an observer only and will be with me on the hunts for all but the Buffalo ( her choice!)
We will be doing some non-hunting adventures. could be before or after and even during for her. Thinking that visiting Cape Town would be one of those side trips.
Meals.....Not to be snobby at all but I want a higher end meal service for my wife as it is her vacation too.

The Buff does not have to be a giant but I have a look in mind of the large hard bosses with horns that droop down to make the big curls. Just what I like when seeing them.

Any input is welcome and certainly recommendations for outfitters or chats and quotes from Outfitters that can offer what I'm looking for.

Thanks!
Good day sir,
I can certainly assist you with a hunt in the Eastern Cape. If you could please drop me an email at info@huntsafaris.co.za or a PM right here on the forum, I will be happy to present you with some ideas.

Best Regards and take care,
Marius Goosen

Good evening mr @Letzhunt
I have exactly what you’re looking for.
We are not based in the Eastern Cape but we are based in the Lowveld of South Africa bordering the Kruger National Park.

The Lowveld is well known for Cape Buffalo hunting in South Africa and we have some of the best Buffalo hunting area in SA.

We are a family based company, with a wide range of big and small game to hunt, apart from the hunting we also offer a wife range of activities for the Wifes to do from ( hot air balloon, boat cruise in the canyon, interaction with Elephants and many more)

Please have a look at our website ( www.dksafaris.co.za )

Thank you for your time.
Will be sending you a DM
Regards
Derian

IMG_5135.JPG
IMG_9089.JPG
99093E3B-D5DE-4548-AF21-73437644113A.JPEG
IMG_5472.JPG
IMG_2123.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

Thanks!
@Tsala is right up your alley fitting all your requirements only you only fly into JNB versus having to take a second flight then to East Africa. I took a buff at 43 inches after a grueling 5 days going up and down Waterberg mountains. Also took Nyala, Golden Widebeest, Black Impala and Wart Hog. Fabulous family and hunt

341E9220-457D-4ABD-9599-9C98BAEB0840.jpeg
BDA9B1B7-926F-4AF3-A421-C7ABE3EF451E.jpeg
I hunted with Game4Africa safaris earlier this year. My first buffalo hunt, I’m hooked !
All the game you mentioned is on their land.
The lodge and chalets are first class. You will not be disappointed.

Attachments

I second Game 4 Africa. Your wife will love it as well. They made great memories for my observing wife and she was right next to me on the buffalo.

I had a great experience with Jannie Otto Safaris.

Thanks!
Just did the exact hunt u described. Did it at Wintershoek (Nyara and Karreekloof lodges) and also Otterskloof, both outfitters within 3 hours drive of Kimberly in SA. You wont be disappointed with either. both have lots and big buffalo. Plus everything else u mentioned game wise, and more. Top line Accommodations. Or do like me, do both!! Both have hunts on youtube.
P.s. stay at the rhino lodge if u do Otterskloof.

@Tsala is right up your alley fitting all your requirements only you only fly into JNB versus having to take a second flight then to East Africa. I took a buff at 43 inches after a grueling 5 days going up and down Waterberg mountains. Also took Nyala, Golden Widebeest, Black Impala and Wart Hog. Fabulous family and hunt
I'll be hunting with Tsala safaris in a few days can't wait, with a little bit of luck I'll get a Buffalo as nice as you did!

Good day @Letzhunt

Please feel free to send me an email at gerrit@ehw.co.za should you require any additional info on our operations. @Bos en Dal SAFARIS is the place you are refering to in your description of the hunt you are planning.

My personal best
Gerrit

Good Day Sir

Great to hear you had a very successful first safari in SA.

Please consider Tsala Hunting Safaris for next hunt.We have excellent buffalo areas in South Africa , Mozambique and Zimbabwe.

I can send you more info on our South African area.

Regards

Rouan

A lot of great info. Keep it coming! I have had some good conversations and open to options other than eastern cape.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FlorenceGa

Latest profile posts

Another Wildebees cull shot this morning!
We are doing a cull hunt this week!

Hyde Hunter wrote on Ontario Hunter's profile.
which East Cape Taxidermist are you referring to? I had Lauriston do my work not real happy with them. oh thanks for the advise on the mount hangers a few months ago. Jim
jimbo1972 wrote on Bwaybuilder's profile.
Great to do business with
Grz63 wrote on Cecil Hammonds's profile.
Greetings from Clermont -ferrand !!