First Buffalo

pmangelos

Silver supporter
Reaction score
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
RSA
I am a bit of a lurker on these boards, I've been reading a lot but not posting, so I figured I better get my act together and join in. My father and I just returned from a buffalo hunt in South Africa (Limpopo Area near Groblersdal) hunting with Charl van Rooyen and Infinito Safari. We had a successful hunt and most importantly a great time. This is my second time hunting in Africa, I did a plains game hunt many years ago but I've always wanted to go after a buffalo, and this year was my chance. I used my Winchester 1895 in .405 with CEB .350gr bullets at 2150fps. The hunt went exactly as hoped and I got a good old bull as I wanted.

Cheers,
Paul

Buffalo 2024.jpg

Great Buffalo! Love the spread and big drops! Congrats!

Nice one, Paul. However, not a perfect hunt, obviously. No Rolex watch. Tsk, tsk. Guess you'll just have to do it again. Follow the script this time! :D :D

Really a good looking bull, congratulations

Well done. Congratulations

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WilheminaN

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

idjeffp wrote on Jon R15's profile.
Hi Jon,
I saw your post for the .500 NE cases. Are these all brass or are they nickel plated? Hard for me to tell... sorry.
Thanks,
Jeff [redacted]
Boise, ID
[redacted]
African Scenic Safaris is a Sustainable Tour Operator based in Moshi, Tanzania. Established in 2009 as a family business, the company is owned and operated entirely by locals who share the same passion for showing people the amazing country of Tanzania and providing a fantastic personalized service.
FDP wrote on dailordasailor's profile.
1200 for the 375 barrel and accessories?