Firearm Luggage Insurance

BC Tal

AH enthusiast
Joined
Nov 8, 2023
Messages
273
Reaction score
614
Location
Victoria, BC
Media
2
Hunting reports
Africa
1
Hunted
Canada, South Africa
What insurance company did you buy insurance from for your firearms as luggage? Canadian companies preferred.
I've looked around and called around. I can get luggage insurance, but it isn't close to covering the cost of the firearms.
What am I missing??
 
Corevensfirearminsurance
 
I utilize Collectibles Insurance Services for my gun collection here in the U.S. which also covers up to 40k when traveling but I am uncertain what kind of similar stand alone insurance companies are available in Canada? Perhaps check with your homeowners insurance company to see if they can provide coverage. Maybe you can add existing coverage for your guns. Good luck!
 
I utilize Collectibles Insurance Services for my gun collection here in the U.S. which also covers up to 40k when traveling but I am uncertain what kind of similar stand alone insurance companies are available in Canada? Perhaps check with your homeowners insurance company to see if they can provide coverage. Maybe you can add existing coverage for your guns. Good luck!
@BJH65 So obvious. I did contact my house insurance provider and now I'm good to go.
Thanks for the tip!
 
One thing that I did with my rifle before packing it was to take several pictures of it along with a picture of the SN.
 
One thing that I did with my rifle before packing it was to take several pictures of it along with a picture of the SN.
Excellent point, I also have the receipts stored at home for the rifles and the scopes in case of a claim.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,275
Messages
1,570,294
Members
168,866
Latest member
DeweyForwo
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
rdog wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Bob i was at Rebel gun works last Friday they had once fired 25/20 brass in their up stairs section , how are the knees going?
hunted So Africa 4 times and more to come
 
Top