Fire forming: .375 H&H Magnum to .423 (404) Jeffery

Just returned from the 1885 Era Black powder hunt. Options are: fire form or bring the bolt head to Johan Greyling so he can open it for you to accept the larger brass rim. Let me know what you want to do. I am in Witbank , Mpumalanga , South Africa and will always be able to assist any forum member who have a challenge or need. This invitation extends to the use of my house as a base to your hunting /visiting trip in SA. No charge at all..
Hello Gert - thanks for the kind gesture. I'm originally from Pretoria, but now live in Canada. I spoke to Ralph Badenhorst in Ermelo, and he's going to take a look at the bolt head when I get to SA next weekend - hopefully it's doable. If he cannot, I will get in touch with Johan Greyling!!! Do you perhaps have contact details for Johan? Moerse dankie!!! Haha.

I was able to turn down the rim on the Norma 404 Jeffery just brass ever so slightly in the lathe, so it fits the Sauer 404 Magnum bolt head. Works like a charm now!!! Thanks for all the friendly advice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jackdog

Latest profile posts

idjeffp wrote on Jon R15's profile.
Hi Jon,
I saw your post for the .500 NE cases. Are these all brass or are they nickel plated? Hard for me to tell... sorry.
Thanks,
Jeff [redacted]
Boise, ID
[redacted]
African Scenic Safaris is a Sustainable Tour Operator based in Moshi, Tanzania. Established in 2009 as a family business, the company is owned and operated entirely by locals who share the same passion for showing people the amazing country of Tanzania and providing a fantastic personalized service.
FDP wrote on dailordasailor's profile.
1200 for the 375 barrel and accessories?