Finally, my Heym 89b, 577 NE

I'm trying to picture how small of a slice in the market the .577NE and 600NE consist of.
Dangerous game cartridges in general already seem to be on the decline, I imagine calibers .375 and up make up 1% of the total ammo market? 577/600 the top 1% of that?
It's hard to say, for me at least. Heym's 89 @ the time & VC made it somewhat semi-affordable to obtain a 577, idk .. I am looking forward to the other 89 owners awaiting to take delivery on theirs though.
I am shocked Buffalo Bore made it possible to obtain factory ammo & surprised it hasn't been banned in the US, yet.

1717115977889.png

You would think that a rifle that costs as much as a 89b does they would include a owners manual. If they do include a manual it will be for a 88b.

Lon

someone, in confidence was kind enough to share a 577/89. photo .. The wood appeared to be lacquered. Is this an option with Heym?

many thanks.

someone, in confidence was kind enough to share a 577/89. photo .. The wood appeared to be lacquered. Is this an option with Heym?

many thanks.
Heym has an optional high gloss finish or London best oil finish they call it. I have it on my 89b in 450-400

IMG_8249.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DemiClimps

Latest profile posts

T/C wrote on Dewald's profile.
Hi Dewald,
I am looking for a copy of Wright's "Shooting the British Double Rifle" (3E).
Please PM me (T/C) if you still have one.
Thank you very much in advance!!!
I am game for a meat and eat. My attempt at humor.
rigby 416 wrote on rifletuner's profile.
Come from cz like that.
John A Flaws wrote on Horbs's profile.
500 schuler magazine.jpg
500 schuler bore.jpg
500 and 425 rifles.jpg
500 and 425 magaizne.jpg