Field Dressing Big Game

I have done two elk so far this year-the difference in the two methods is only about ten minutes. The skin removal being required in both methods. I felt like we kept more meat using the gutting method.
we also hang the quarters in bags on tree branches or metal pegs from my pack-let’s air circulate all the way around them and less bugs and dirt.
The second elk we did was a bigger animal and still only took ten minutes longer. We didn’t keep organs but did take the trnderloin. The gutless method is cleaner as far as blood/ofal/hair were concerned.
A rigid external pack frame and bone in is so much easier to pack animals out than internal frame and boneless. But if you like something else, do it your way. . .
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,436
Messages
1,576,171
Members
170,527
Latest member
JodiTfd090
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hornedfrogbbq wrote on Rhoyland4's profile.
Do you mind me asking what auction you are referencing? I'm not in the market for any of those rifles...just curious.

Frosty in Fort Worth
K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
 
Top