FEMALE Specific hunting clothes and other gear

My wife's safari clothing is a bit of a miss mash of things. She LOVES her Dubarry boots, similar to those seen above in this thread and so eloquently modeled by @Tanks. She also loves her olive and brown Orvis bird hunting pants for safaris as they protect her legs very well from all the thorny bushes you invariably walk through. Her jackets and vest are from Barbour, Boyt Harness and Shoffel. For shirts she like the old style (100% cotton) Columbia fishing shirts. She also has some Sitka base and mid layers that she wears because they fit her well. She is an excellent bargain hunter and searches the internet and finds the more expansive stuff on sale.

So far this thread is mostly about clothing, but firearms are another specific need that ladies have. My gal Tina absolutely loves her Savage 11 Lady Hunter rifle. She looked for months trying to find a rifle that she liked, including the Weatherby Camilla, but fell in love with the Savage Lady Hunter the first time she handled one. We ordered hers from the Savage Custom shop in .257 Roberts and requested a barrel 2 inches longer than the standard Lady Hunter. It will shoot sub 1/2 inch groups with Barnes 100gr X bullets in handloads we made together.

So far she has taken Pronghorn, Springbuck, Duiker, Blesbuck and Steinbok with this rifle.

So far this thread is mostly about clothing, but firearms are another specific need that ladies have. My gal Tina absolutely loves her Savage 11 Lady Hunter rifle. She looked for months trying to find a rifle that she liked, including the Weatherby Camilla, but fell in love with the Savage Lady Hunter the first time she handled one. We ordered hers from the Savage Custom shop in .257 Roberts and requested a barrel 2 inches longer than the standard Lady Hunter. It will shoot sub 1/2 inch groups with Barnes 100gr X bullets in handloads we made together.

So far she has taken Pronghorn, Springbuck, Duiker, Blesbuck and Steinbok with this rifle.
My wife had a Savage 111 Lady Hunter in 270WIN and used it with 150 grain Swift A-Frames to harvest a beautiful kudu with a one-shot DRT at 100 yards high neck shot. I was (and still am) so proud of her.
1709335180149.png

Badlands has ladies clothing on sale right now.

I’m going to keep following this thread for my girlfriend.
She’s more than a typical girlfriend however as I’m buying her a rifle and planning on taking her to Africa to hunt. Been down the aisle before and that one was arrested with a plan to commit homicide on my personage so I’m not sure I want to go down the aisle again.
Doesn’t mean I can’t fall in love and do everything short of marriage however. That includes shopping for clothes for her.

As a father of 4 daughters, I have heard the complaints about the lack of quality and correct fitting hunting clothes for years. I am not too familiar with it, but there is a brand called "SHE OUTDOORS." I believe Cabelas and Bass Pro carry the line (not exactly a great endorsement).

On a related topic, a few years ago I saw an article about a young lady petroleum engineer from LSU (I am an old petroleum engineer from LSU) that was not happy with the lack of nice styling, fire retardant wear for ladies in the oilfield. Interesting story:

I totally understand where you are coming from … I’m an old retired petroleum engineer. It wasn’t until the end of my career that the industry caught up and started making women’s fire retardant clothing. I always looked like a little kid in oversized clothes!

When I started hunting, women’s hunting gear was also nonexistent. After 9 African safaris and a bit of hunting in Romania, Ireland, England, Argentina and the USA, these are the brands that have served me well. Tag or Jonsson shirts, Bass Pro’s Natural brand cargo pants, insect shield undershirts and socks, Darn Tough socks, Keen hiking boots, and She Safari rain gear. No these are not the most expensive brands on the market, but they are comfortable and durable.

This is a fun thread. There are brands mentioned that I will certainly investigate.

Dudes clothes with a woman’s label? Or clothing made just for her? You want it made just for her! First choice is to pick the correct camo for your hunt.

Camo works, she literally disappears. Almost invisible
View attachment 517784

Need orange per state law?
View attachment 517774

need winter camo?
View attachment 517775

live near an urban area?
View attachment 517777

so many options, just for her
View attachment 517781View attachment 517782

Really need my computer up and running as this would work really well with the couple in the bed meme.

HER: I bet he is thinking of other women.

HIM: My wife would look way more sexier in those first three camo patterns than those 3 models do.

Old thread. Just catching up. I just got curious. Thought I'd check to see what women discussed on AH.

Meant for after date night and those special times, like Valentine's Day attire.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarmenKenn

Latest profile posts

jimbo1972 wrote on Bwaybuilder's profile.
Great to do business with
Grz63 wrote on Cecil Hammonds's profile.
Greetings from Clermont -ferrand !!
We 'll visit Livingstone / Vic Falls for 3 days and 2 nights. Back to Mapcha by car, back to WDH with Airlink (grab my rifles and belongings) and the same day back to Frankfurt.
What do you mind from your own experience ? and your wife .? Did she appreciate ?
We already hunted Namibia in 2022, May for PG near Outjo for 8 days. Great country.
Thank you for your advises.
Philippe
Hello Cecil
I am Philippe from Center of France. I plan to hunt Zambezi with Zana Botes in 2026, Oct after a couple of days for PG in Namibia in his lodge. I will be with my wife. She is not really a huntress and we promised to go visit Vic Falls. I imagine to go to Caprivi by car , hunt there 7 days (for buff) and go by car to Vic falls (PH will bring back my rifle) . sorry I am required to write 2 messages
buckstix wrote on magnum308's profile.
yes ..please send me a copy ... buckstix@aol.com