Fausti Express Double Rifle - thoughts please

I too have a Fausti shotgun and am very pleased with it. A couple of thoughts on a 30-06? You might check and see if it has a provision to be scoped. Assuming you can find or develop a load that regulates, it would be nice to use a 30-06 as it was intended rather than a stopping rifle for javelina.

The 06 barrels on my Blaser S2 both shoot sub-MOA and a composite 2-inch group at 100 yards with 180 gr TSX loads. I sight in on the right barrel giving me first shot accuracy equal to any other 06 regardless of design and a second shot only a MOA or so off depending on range. Of course, it is designed to be scoped. In that configuration it has taken quite a few different PG.

If the Fausti can be scoped, you could have both a fun and useful rifle.
Yes, the rifle comes with a 30mm set of rings. If I throw the dice and buy her…. and if I can get a composite group of 2” at 50 yards… I’ll probably set her up similarly to how you have your 06 barrels on the S2. I think my decision may come down to the toss of a coin.

Yes, the rifle comes with a 30mm set of rings. If I throw the dice and buy her…. and if I can get a composite group of 2” at 50 yards… I’ll probably set her up similarly to how you have your 06 barrels on the S2. I think my decision may come down to the toss of a coin.
That is excellent.

There are a couple of very talented people in this country who will work up a load for a double. It is a rare one that proves too difficult. Anyone offer that service in Oz?

That is excellent.

There are a couple of very talented people in this country who will work up a load for a double. It is a rare one that proves too difficult. Anyone offer that service in Oz?
None that I know of. However, I’m sure if I looked hard enough I’d find someone.
I have been considering putting in an order for a BB97. But the wait time and expense are both considerable. The BB97 would probably be 3 to 4 times the price of the Fausti….but I guess “buy once, cry once “ is a good philosophy ….mostly.

Curious if you decided to go with the Fausti Express 30-06? If so, how did it regulate?

Curious if you decided to go with the Fausti Express 30-06? If so, how did it regulate?

I didn’t buy the Fausti. But shortly after I did buy a Blaser BB 97 in 9.3 x 74R.

Attachments

• IMG_6051.jpeg
    IMG_6051.jpeg
    75.2 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_6053.jpeg
    IMG_6053.jpeg
    125 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_6046.jpeg
    IMG_6046.jpeg
    102.6 KB · Views: 4

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Geri37L030

Latest profile posts

idjeffp wrote on Jon R15's profile.
Hi Jon,
I saw your post for the .500 NE cases. Are these all brass or are they nickel plated? Hard for me to tell... sorry.
Thanks,
Jeff [redacted]
Boise, ID
[redacted]
African Scenic Safaris is a Sustainable Tour Operator based in Moshi, Tanzania. Established in 2009 as a family business, the company is owned and operated entirely by locals who share the same passion for showing people the amazing country of Tanzania and providing a fantastic personalized service.
FDP wrote on dailordasailor's profile.
1200 for the 375 barrel and accessories?