Faking size is for fishing not hunting

It ranks right up there with all of the "60" kudu that show up here, many of which obviously would barely clear much over 50".
Worse even when such pics are in the SCI book with "officially" measured noted and obviously nowhere near the claims. Just sad.

You shrank that 13 inch Warthog way down by getting that close.
It is all in the perspective.
Being close will always distort a picture with a wide angle phone lens. The hunter is about the same distance to the camera as the warthog. Both are distorted but proportionally to each other, i.e. they both look smaller. The hunter could get further behind the warthog to make the animal look bigger in proportion to a smaller hunter.

To get a more realistic photo the hunter could remain in the same position and the photo be taken from further away. This is not possible in a selfie.

Brickburn, he distorted the image by being to close and not in his favor.

I find it quite humorous when someone is holding a fish or a horn for a photo and their thumbnail is half as big as their head. It's a bit obvious. I don't really care so much, I just wonder sometimes who exactly they think they're fooling as most anyone interested in that type of a photo will know better anyway. To me, it takes more away than it gains.

@revturbo9967 Love the white tail deer holding the antlers up!

I am not too fussed whether someone shows the animal to advantage or not, we all know what an impala looks like anyway. What really gets me is when people appear scruffily with their quarry. There was a photo of a man wearing flip flops and a scruffy T shirt hanging over his shorts leaning against a magnificent old elephant bull he had shot. It was so disrespectful of that grand creature.
That pretty much describes some of the well prepared climbers of the volcanic plugs in SE Queensland.

Loved that video @Cervus elaphus !

But back to topic, I'm also not a huge fan of trick photo's just to increase the size of the animal/trophy. In the end, the size of the trophy should not matter that much to a hunter, more important is maturity of the animal, if it was wounded/in bad health, etc. So increasing the size artificially, in order to "show off": It will not fool another experienced hunter and gives more ammunition to those condemning hunting only for trophy size.

They always do this with Marco Polo sheep

I’m with your buddy. Intentionally taking a picture with the purpose of making your fish or game animal look bigger than what it really is, is deception. The only time I’ve done it is to show this trick to my friends. We did this with a lake trout my Dad caught.
Honest pic
View attachment 412893
Deceptive pic
View attachment 412892
you are a lair.... you are just trying to make yourself look skinnier.... lol

regardless of the pictures... that is a hell of a catch.

I personally am all about showing off the beauty of an animal and less concerned of what I look like in comparison to the animal. I think obviously to an extent. Sitting 10' back is over board, but sitting at arms reach to really get yourself out of the antler/horn backdrop and letting the trophy shine I think is totally OK. And to be honest you saying it bothers you because "it makes it look bigger" sounds like you are actually the one who is having the pissing match and not the other way around. I have never looked at a picture and thought to myself wow he is so far back. I can tell if the hunter is based on their body size and I personally don't care as I am looking at the animal. I have seen many members of this forums pictures and I probably would never recognize them in public... no offence, buts it is because I am staring at the animal and not there mug lol.

It's a pet peeve of mine as well. And now with the newer phones having the panoramic shot, it can make an average impala look like a trophy Kudu.

you are a lair.... you are just trying to make yourself look skinnier.... lol

regardless of the pictures... that is a hell of a catch.
That's not me, that's my Dad. I'd need some kind of giant saltwater fish to make me look skinny!!!

d4e04e7465537db0fe0cc0e83611405d81a3eb7ba8cceb2dad70e81ad139a87f_1.jpg

I do see what you are saying, but it does make for a good laugh and draws attention when your buck’s antlers look 2 times bigger.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JanineBlaz

Latest profile posts

Ryanelson wrote on Flipper Dude's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa
Ryanelson wrote on Sturgeondrjb's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa
HerbJohnson wrote on Triathlete3's profile.
If you have an email, I would love to be able to chat with you about J.P.H. Prohunt. My email address is [redacted]. Thanks.
Another Wildebees cull shot this morning!
We are doing a cull hunt this week!