Factory ammo prices in freefall?

I haven’t, but I’ll give it a try… I’m still in discovery mode with my 300 trying to figure out what’s going to work best…
Wish I’d known, i would’ve brought a partial box up when I was in Ft Worth this week for you to try.

Attachments

Have you tried the Terminal Ascent? I shoot Barnes out of a bunch of rifles with great results. My 300WM didn’t seem to shoot them or anything really. Was almost going to send it down the road and those came out, figured I’d at least try a box. My 300WM absolutely loves them and they hammer game. I’ve been switching other guns over to them. I’ve now got a 6.5PRC, 7PRC, .280AI, .308Win (multiple), and 300WM all shooting them sub moa.
I've had tremendous success with the Terminal Ascent line of products so far, both in performance and accuracy. 308, 30.06, 7Mag, and just picked up a box to try in a (new to me) 270.

It's seems to be getting easier to buy both LR & LRM primers. SR & pistol primers have been plentiful for quite a while.

I've had tremendous success with the Terminal Ascent line of products so far, both in performance and accuracy. 308, 30.06, 7Mag, and just picked up a box to try in a (new to me) 270.
Glad to hear I’m not the only one.

I found 416 Rem Noslers for $85 a box. That’s $10 cheaper than I have ever seen it. Last year everything was over $100 a box.
Can you reload those cases. The description says it is Nosler Premium Brass but looks more like stainless steel to me. Might be a dumb question, just getting back into reloading.

Imperial Sizing Die Wax, or Dillon Case Lube is your friend when reloading nickel plated cases. I prefer nickel cases for my hunting rifle loads, and revolver loads.
Thanks for that info. All my past reloading was on Dillon presses for handgun only. Dabbed a little in 308 but that was plinking ammo, not serious game loads. Looking forward to getting into a single stage instead of the turret reloading.

I was at Shopper's today (ranch / farm store for those who don't have one). They had comparatively speaking to what I've seen over the last few years, lots of ammunition. I haven't bought factory in quite awhile, but this seemed like a lot lower price than what we've been seeing.
IMG_1820.jpeg

You guys were paying $100 USD for 338WM? I’ve been stocking up 338 over the last year anywhere from $75-$90/box CDN for Hornady, Barnes, Sako, Norma etc.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sable Sunset Safaris

Latest profile posts

idjeffp wrote on Jon R15's profile.
Hi Jon,
I saw your post for the .500 NE cases. Are these all brass or are they nickel plated? Hard for me to tell... sorry.
Thanks,
Jeff [redacted]
Boise, ID
[redacted]
African Scenic Safaris is a Sustainable Tour Operator based in Moshi, Tanzania. Established in 2009 as a family business, the company is owned and operated entirely by locals who share the same passion for showing people the amazing country of Tanzania and providing a fantastic personalized service.
FDP wrote on dailordasailor's profile.
1200 for the 375 barrel and accessories?