Factory ammo prices in freefall?

CoElkHunter

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Member of
NRA (Life), RMEF
Hunted
USA: Colorado, Wyoming, Arizona, Kansas, Nebraska, California. Ontario, Canada, RSA.
Some of the factory ammo prices I've seen recently on Midway seem to be falling fast. Barnes 225gr. .338WM $55 with a LOT of other brand choices available. 6 mos ago you couldn't find ANY .338 ammo under $100. Barnes .300WM $50 and Federal with the same 180gr Barnes TTSX $40! It was $78/box before my Africa trip in 2022. Winchester .25-06 $22-24. .270 Winchester Nosler 150gr. Partition $45. Crazy! I think many people including me bought at least some ammo during the scamdemic at outrageous prices out of need and now the prices are way down almost to pre scamdemic level. With reloading powder and primers at all time highs, I'm buying quality factory HUNTING ammo for my future needs now before the Marxists throw a monkey wrench in our ability to do so. I personally don't need much, maybe five to ten boxes each of my chosen cartridges. This is for my PG big game hunting trips here and maybe Africa again and not for target or varmint shooting. I still reload for my .375 and up as long as the powder/primers/cases last.

Good. Maybe I can afford to buy a second l10 year supply if the price comes down again :A Give Us A Hug:

Haven’t noticed yet… but also haven’t bought much ammo recently.. I went crazy at the reloading bench over the last couple of years and stocked up..

My hope is primer and projectile prices come back down..

When .22 shorts come back down to .50¢, I'm in...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustinaFra

Latest profile posts

HerbJohnson wrote on Triathlete3's profile.
If you have an email, I would love to be able to chat with you about J.P.H. Prohunt. My email address is [redacted]. Thanks.
Another Wildebees cull shot this morning!
We are doing a cull hunt this week!

Hyde Hunter wrote on Ontario Hunter's profile.
which East Cape Taxidermist are you referring to? I had Lauriston do my work not real happy with them. oh thanks for the advise on the mount hangers a few months ago. Jim
jimbo1972 wrote on Bwaybuilder's profile.
Great to do business with