Hoas

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Articles
BY JOHN NASH

T
his week, I have been remembering a silly school joke:

One evening, a policeman came across a strange fellow who was walking down the street in
Penzance, throwing, in all directions, handfuls of white powder from a cloth bag.
“Allo, ‘allo” enquired plod, “And what are we doing, Sir?
“This here be elephant repellent, constable. Good stuff. It keeps elephants away”, slurred the man, flinging another handful, obviously either neurodivergent or substance-affected in modern parlance.
“Let’s not be a stupid fellow, Sir,” sniffed the policeman, reaching for his pencil and notebook,
“There are no elephants for thousands of miles from here”.
“There you are,” replied the man, “I told you it was blerry good stuff”.
Apart from hailing from a time, long ago, before PC’s went PC, when British policemen were helpful, respectful and sane, I hope the joke sounds better in German. Our Teutonic neighbours are going to need the powder because last week, after the German government announced it would seek to ban the importation of hunting trophies, Botswana’s President Masisi threatened to send 20,000 elephants to Berlin so that Germans could learn what it is like to live with real ones. As they don’t say in Penzance, “Verdammter Scheiß!”

People like Townies who don’t actually live with them often have a fascination with wild animals, especially charismatic megafauna they don’t encounter in their everyday lives. They are so easily led astray by animal rights (AR) souls, vegans and other jelly-heads with vegetables to grind. Foreigners and even urban Africans have been raised on elephant documentaries, nature programmes, and media coverage that highlights the lives and behaviour of wild elephants, showcasing their intelligence, social dynamics and family bonds. These portrayals humanise elephants and foster empathy and admiration for them. Our own Parliament’s demented AR souls are no different, recently leading the House astray with two hours of blatant porkies in the 2nd reading of the Hunting Trophies (Import Prohibition) Private Member’s drivel.

Continue...

Screenshot_8.jpg

That was a great read. Thanks for sharing it.

While hunting Elephant in Zimbabwe North and West of Hwange, one of the trackers told me if they banned hunting of Elephants and Cats, they would get readably available poison from the mines and poison the waterholes. The locals like the meat and the money that comes from the hunters, if the animals are just there to ruin crops and livestock with no benefit to the locals, they will fix the problem whether the Greenies like it or not

YAY! White people telling Africans what can be done with their resources. Hate this stuff.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JeffreyHud

Latest profile posts

DEAR SIR/MADAM,
DO YOU NEED FINANCE?
ARE YOU LOOKING FOR FINANCE?
ARE YOU LOOKING FOR FINANCE TO ENLARGE YOUR BUSINESS?
WE HELP INDIVIDUALS AND COMPANIES TO OBTAIN FINANCE FOR BUSINESS
EXPANDING AND TO SETUP A NEW BUSINESS RANGING ANY AMOUNT. GET FINANCE AT AFFORDABLE INTEREST RATE OF 3% contact us Pacific landing Whatsapp +91, Seven, Three, 0, Three, Three, Eight, Two, Six, Three, One
NYAMAZANA SAFARIS wrote on majorsafari's profile.
Trail cam image is of a cat we never took .. it’s not a great image but I can assure you it’s a very big cat . Other photo is of my client with his cat this year .
thokau wrote on Just a dude in BC's profile.
Hallo, ein Freund von mir lebt auf einer Farm in den Rocky Mountains.
Leider kam es dort in den letzten Wochen zu Bränden.
Hoffe es geht dir gut!?