End of summer - Safari Super Yard Sale!

rookhawk

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Member of
NRA Life Benefactor, Trout Unlimited, Safari Club International
After over 18 months in my new home, I'm still unpacking! I had thought I was nearly under control until I went to my storage at the in-laws in New England and found a ton more stuff and the boxes are yet again piled up.

Help me make room!

I accept every form of electronic payment, Paypal F&F, Venmo, Zelle, Chase Billpay. All shipping done via Fedex.

No money orders or cashiers checks, no alternative shipping types accepted.

Item #1 - A deerskin tanned leather pillow. Handpainted with the raptor feathers of North America. $40 plus $15 shipping in the lower 48.

IMG_0613.JPG

Item #2 - A large tapestry of a white gyrfalcon based on the art of Wolf from the Treatise Upon Falconry (Traite de fauconnerie) - $75 and $18 Fedex shipping anywhere in the lower 48.

IMG_0612.JPG

Item #3 - Two copies of the limited edition of "blood knot" by Fromm. A classic fly fishing book in slipcase. I've seen these online for many hundreds of dollars each. $80 and free shipping per book.

IMG_0611.JPG

Item 4: A rare 1970s metal plaque with pins from the Browning custom shop. This would adorn a bespoke case for a high grade Browning. Includes the original brads. $50 delivered.

IMG_0610.JPG

Item #5: A 1950s Winchester Pre-64 Standard Grade stock from a special order. Original pad. Longer than standard length of pull. Small crack on side was pinned by a gunsmith. $100 delivered.
IMG_0609.JPG

Item #6: A pair of near new Courteney Selous Safari boots. UK size 4.5. This corresponds to a US Youth 5.5 or a US Women's 6.5 or an EU 37.5. They are labeled and retailed by Westley Richards. New today these are $500 boots. Makes a great gift at $135 delivered.

IMG_0608.JPG

IMG_0607.JPG

IMG_0606.JPG

Item #7: A lightly used Courteney Selous Safari boots. UK size 5. This corresponds to a US Youth 6 or a US Women's 7 or an EU 38. They are labeled and retailed by Westley Richards. New today these are $500 boots. Makes a great gift at $115 delivered.
IMG_0597.JPG

Item 8: Vintage Browning Rifle Case. Has keys and original pamphlet. The rifle cases were quite rare compared to shotgun cases. Fits Browning Safari Grades, Diana, Midas, and Olympian rifles. Also fits FNs of the same era. It's a Hartmann case. Minor wear to handle that is easy to correct. Otherwise Fine+. $400 and free shipping.

IMG_0605.JPG

IMG_0603.JPG

Item 9: A London Made Safari Case, circa 1910. Interior gutted and ready for fitting. You can get these custom fitted for fairly reasonable money. It will fit any shotgun, double rifle, or hammer gun. Selling it for the value of the original lock! $200 delivered.

IMG_0600.JPG

IMG_0601.JPG

Item #10 - An American or European midcentury case suitable for a Double Rifle, Kipplauf, Take Down Rifle, or a Darne style shotgun. Can handle up to a 32" barrel! $300 delivered.

IMG_0599.JPG

IMG_0598.JPG

Item 11: A mid-century French, Spanish, or Belgian shotgun or double rifle case. I cannot ascertain if the ostrich leather is genuine, so I am pricing it assuming it is embossed. It can accomodate up to a 28" barrel. $180 delivered.

IMG_0596.JPG

IMG_0595.JPG

Item 12: A used circa 1960 English Brady Case. Label from the era when Webley & Scott was commingled with WW Greener. Can accomodate a double rifle or smallbore shotgun with 26" barrels. Quite rare! Needs minor repairs, a handle and new straps (all hardware includes) Has the keys!!!. $300 shipped.

IMG_0594.JPG

Item 13: An identical Brady case to Item 12, but this is unused, vintage new old stock. Near mint with only 70 years of light shelf wear. You'll never find another English case of this original quality from this era. Picture also shown above for contrast with the used Item 12 case. $800 delivered.

IMG_0593.JPG

Item 14: An very late 19th century to early 20th century British rookrifle or small bore take-down rifle case. Very rare, this one with a Scottish Mortimer vintage label affixed. In lovely condition and rarely found. $875 delivered.

IMG_0591.JPG

IMG_0592.JPG

Item 15: A nice American leg of mutton case. Frequently used with Model 21s, Foxes, Lefevers, and Parkers. $85 delivered.
IMG_0590.JPG

Item 16: A beautiful mid-century American or European shotgun case. Very clean interior with original keys! Exterior is black leather, believed to be calfskin. Monogram oval blank. Can fit up to three sets of 28"+ barrels, or full length mops, or barrel insert tubes. Suitable for a shotgun, combination gun, or single shot. $265 delivered.

IMG_0588.JPG

IMG_0587.JPG

Item 17: An item every reader of this forum should have. A vintage wicker fly fishing creel from New England. You put your grouse and pheasant trains in it, or tail feathers, your dog training whistles. Classic mancave decor to display your upland trophies! $65 delivered.

IMG_0586.JPG

Item 18: A rare, midcentury pistol or range case. Has the keys! Classic way to bring a few pistols to the range, or your cleaning gear and range optics. These sell for a bundle on ebay. $235 delivered.
IMG_0585.JPG

Item 19: An antique box of shotgun shells. Great artistic style. I've seen these at gun shows from $75-$125. It has about 15 paper shells inside it as well. I have to ship it ORM-D, so I'll sell this for $45 and FREE shipping IF you buy another item as well to defray the costs.

IMG_0584.JPG

Item 20: Rare gun case accessories. Clockwise from top left: A leather accessory pouch for $15, two small to medium bore jag/brushes for parker hale style rods $15, an incredibly rare oil or solvent pot from England labeled Army Navy Cooperative Society Limited for $100, a 20 bore english mop $12, a 12 bore english mop and brush and jag $30, A trio of 410/28/20 gauge snap caps for $25, an ebony shotgun or double rifle two piece rod (may be rosewood, but I think brownish ebony) $50, and a very rare smallbore rifle cleaning rod with jag for $50. All of these items ship free if combined with another item. Otherwise $15 shipping.

IMG_0583.JPG

Item 21: An unworn Stetson wool shooting cap in size L/XL. $55 delivered.
IMG_0581.JPG

Item 22: An unused Garmin Explorer+ Satellite Text Messaging device. Also serves as a GPS and you can install maps. Communicate affordably anywhere in the world for a fraction of the price of a Sat phone subscription. You can also bluetooth tether your phone to it for faster texting via Sat. Has an emergency SOS feature. Has the cables and clip new in package. $265 and free shipping.

IMG_0580.JPG

Item 23: Loaded ammo and dies. A set of 250 Savage Dies for $55 shipped. A box of Norma Alaska ammo in hard to find 9.3x57 for $65 delivered. A box of bismuth/non-tox turkey loads for $45 delivered.
IMG_0579.JPG

Item 24: 25 caliber 87 gr hornady bullets for $30 each, a box of Speers for $25. Barnes TTSX bullets for .243/6mm for $35. A box of Speer 375HH 270gr SP for $35, and a box of .458" Hornady DGS Soids for $50. Free shipping on any of these if combined with another larger item, otherwise $15 shipping.

IMG_0578.JPG

Item 25: A bonanza of 375 bullets. Hornady Dangerous Game Solids DGS 300gr for $50 a box, a box of Barnes TTSX 250gr $45, A box of Sierra 250gr softs for $30, a box of 300gr accubonds for $45, a box of 260gr partitions for $45, a box of 300gr partitions for $45, boxes of Barnes X solids 270gr for $40 each, a box of barnes round nose solids for $40, boxes of Cutting Edge 300gr solids for $65 a box. Free shipping if you combine with a larger item, otherwise $15 ship.

IMG_0577.JPG

Item 26: A very nice, top of the line gunsmith's chest made by Gerstner. Oak drawers. Green baize wool lined. Acquired it from a deceased gunsmith. This is a large item but perfect for your reloading gear, small parts, or gunsmithing tools. These sell new to this day for about $2500. You can have this one for $325 shipped free in the lower 48 states.

IMG_0575.JPG

IMG_0574.JPG

Item 27: A beautiful vintage Prentice Vise ideal for gunsmithing. This one has been wonderfully restored. It has the rare pivoting rear jaw. You need to put a bolt through the top so you can pull out the pin, turning it from its fixed jaws to a rear pivoting jaw to hold angled parts. $225 shipped free in the lower 48 States. This is a very nice gunsmith and machinists vise back when we made great stuff in America.

IMG_0573.JPG

Item 28: Rare 12 bore, 3" Hevi-Metal Duck and Goose loads. 3" shells. They are a matrix of bismuth and steel shot and really slam the birds. 5 boxes of BB and 2 boxes of #2 for $200 delivered with free shipping. If you want odd lots, PM me and we can discuss.
IMG_0571.JPG

Item 29,: A huge antique humidor was acquired by me about ten years ago. The prior owner stated it came originally off a 19th century steamship on the Mississippi river somewhere near Dubuque, Iowa or Galena, IL. The style is very much "campaign furniture" which makes sense since that style was common in nautical applications and on safaris. The humidor is very tall and quite substantial, made of what I believe is Mahogany but could be a type of Teak as well. The glass was definitely upgraded at some point to a very heavy multi-pane design to provide a better seal. The mortise locks were removed, but the original brass knobs are still present. It can be used as a humidor, or as a safari display case as well. It has removable fabric inserts in it presently to be used for displaying curios. I can get you actual dimensions if required, but I'd roughly say its 50"+ Tall, 18" deep, and 48" wide. Weight is probably around 100lbs. I'll sell it for $400 and will help pack and load it. You need to contact uShip and get a bid to bring it to your home. Uship is an ebay-like bidding services to bid on LTL freight and is quite reasonable.

1724871014163.png

Item 30: An ultra premium custom switch rod, 7 weight. used once successfully for tiger fishing on the Zambezi. Works just as well for steelhead, redfish, and sea trout. Has an English made Hardy Bougle reel. Loads of flies, boxes, and leaders for tiger fish. Custom leather rod tube. Custom rod with inlays of jungle cock feathers. Includes all the shooting heads and wallet. Lots of other stuff with it not pictures. Boxed and ready for shipping, relisting because buyer fell through. $3000 delivered.

1724871182757.png

1724871219031.png

1724871237767.png

1724871258032.png

1724871274653.png

Attachments

• IMG_0604.JPG
    IMG_0604.JPG
    4.9 MB · Views: 15
  • IMG_0602.JPG
    IMG_0602.JPG
    4.7 MB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0582.JPG
    IMG_0582.JPG
    4.8 MB · Views: 13
  • IMG_0576.JPG
    IMG_0576.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 12
  • IMG_0572.JPG
    IMG_0572.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 14
I quite liked that gunsmith's chest as well.

But very happy that you introduced me to Uship. As I still need to get some stuff moved from the US to Belgium ;)

I’ll take one of item #3 and item #17. My wife is the VenMo person, I’ll have to have her do it tonight

Thanks

Good catch.

Hmm. I have 3 other entirely solid-oak Gerstner chests with bases, full to the brim of gunsmithing tools from a generation of mid-century American gunsmiths. I might have to create another listing and let loose of some of my duplicate tools, gauges, and boxes.

And yes, for the readers thinking of getting a proper gunsmith's chest, Gerstner's are the very best. We've never made better in America. Please buy vintage when we paid honest wages in America where a man could raise a family on a single income and make something that lasts 100 years.

CRAP! A few hours too late, that is a great gunsmith's chest.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GenieWarke

Latest profile posts

quacker attacker wrote on JMV375's profile.
Hello, My wife and I hunted with Marius 2 years ago. He fit us into his schedule after a different outfitter "bailed" on us. He was always very good with communications and although we didn't end up meeting him personally, he called us multiple times during our hunt to make sure things were going well. We were very happy with him.
TERMINATOR wrote on Cuthberto's profile.
Reach out to the guys at Epic Outdoors.

They will steer you right for landowner tags and outfitters that have them.

I have held a membership with them for years and they are an invaluable resource.

Way better that asking random people on the internet...WAY better

Raskolnikov743 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
Skydiver386,

Did you ever find your 30-06 CZ550? I own a fairly solid conditioned one, if you wanted to talk.

[redacted]
Ryanelson wrote on Flipper Dude's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa