Emirates vs Delta, KLM

Hatchetjack

AH senior member
Joined
Jul 17, 2016
Messages
85
Reaction score
34
Hunting reports
Africa
1
This is my second trip to Africa. The first time I flew delta klm to Johannesburg. Someone mentioned flying Emirates through Dubai to Johannesburg. Any opinions or experience on this?
 
@BWH, your input could be used here.
 
I'm very curious what people have to on this matter. Emirates is 600$ cheaper from Seattle
 
I have flown Emirates.... DFW to Dubai to Tambo. It was nothing short of exceptional. On the way back from the hunt we spent three days in Dubai. A very nice city indeed.
 
  • Like
Reactions: BWH
I just wouldn't want to deal with guns through Dubi but Emirates is rated one of the best airlines in the world.
 
I flew with two guns. The airport police kept the guns while I was in Dubai for the three days. It was easy as could be.
 
Good to know about that.
 
Flew emirates in May to Harare. They were tardy with my permit to fly with guns but it came last minute. The service was exceptional even to coming up to me in line, calling me by name and taking me to the front of a new line for the gun. The flight over was only half full or less and we all stretched out and slept. It was nice to avoid Joberg and was less expensive but flying through Dubai added so much time I don't know if it was worth it. Very professional service.
 
I decided to use there guns this time to avoid any haste while my wife is along. The flight through Dubai is 4 hrs longer
 
For a savings of $600, why not try them! They have quite a bit of good reviews
 
  • Like
Reactions: BWH
And since your using the outfitters guns and its only 4 hours longer of a trip, I would try them out!
 
Thanks, they say Emirates is more comfortable seating, that trip was not very comfortable the first go around
 
You are rolling the dice taking guns through Dubai. You will hear people talk about great seats and service but if something goes wrong in the Middle East with your guns you are screwed!
Take Delta from ATL to JNB. It's a safe bet.
Regards,
Philip
 
You are rolling the dice taking guns through Dubai. You will hear people talk about great seats and service but if something goes wrong in the Middle East with your guns you are screwed!
Take Delta from ATL to JNB. It's a safe bet.
Regards,
Philip
Couldn't agree with you more.
 
Emirates has bans too BTW.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,316
Messages
1,572,658
Members
169,599
Latest member
MarquisBig
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top