Elephant U.S. Import Permit Approved!!!!

Great to hear and thanks for posting. This was going to be one of my questions to you. I will follow suit if things work out

The key as stated is an operator who will follow through with paperwork and additional questions from USFWS (often about conservation in the hunt area) and a facilitator like Conservation Force who will work the system and stay with it until it's finished. That's what I did and got my Zim import ivory permit in about 6 months. Timelines will vary depending on country, species, etc. I know several guys waiting on their Marco Polo import permits for 18 months plus.

Rare breed Liesl received your e-mail today. I am so happy everything went so smooth, there was one small glich, but that is all it takes the question was how do you age a elephant when it is alive?

The new hunter saw 17 bulls today with one very big Hwange bull, tomorrow.

Lon
Good luck tomorrow!

Scott that was your +70 pounder? I know all of us would love to see them when they go in your home!!!!!
Yes that’s correct. Last night I unpacked the crate and the tusks are now just laying on the carpet in my great room. Now that they are here, I’m having a local guy make me two wood bases for them. They will stand up on either side of the fireplace is the plan.

IMG_4853.jpeg

I laid the fiberglass replicas that Debbie Peake of Botswana made me earlier on top of the real tusks. Wow, an exact match because she made a mold of the real tusks for the replicas! The real tusks are a slight shade darker and more shiny but she did a fantastic job molding and painting the replicas.

What a photo. For a second I thought, he took 2 of that size?!?

Yes that’s correct. Last night I unpacked the crate and the tusks are now just laying on the carpet in my great room. Now that they are here, I’m having a local guy make me two wood bases for them. They will stand up on either side of the fireplace is the plan.

View attachment 629942

I laid the fiberglass replicas that Debbie Peake of Botswana made me earlier on top of the real tusks. Wow, an exact match because she made a mold of the real tusks for the replicas! The real tusks are a slight shade darker and more shiny but she did a fantastic job molding and painting the replicas.
Out of curiosity, do you remember the cost on the replicas?

View attachment 629942

Superb set of tusks, which block did you take this tusker in? May have missed an earlier report!

Superb set of tusks, which block did you take this tusker in? May have missed an earlier report!
Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GradyC035

Latest profile posts

TERMINATOR wrote on Cuthberto's profile.
Reach out to the guys at Epic Outdoors.

They will steer you right for landowner tags and outfitters that have them.

I have held a membership with them for years and they are an invaluable resource.

Way better that asking random people on the internet...WAY better

Raskolnikov743 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
Skydiver386,

Did you ever find your 30-06 CZ550? I own a fairly solid conditioned one, if you wanted to talk.

[redacted]
Ryanelson wrote on Flipper Dude's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa
Ryanelson wrote on Sturgeondrjb's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa