Elephant taxidermy

Seems from my perspective you shot it with a .22lr :ROFLMAO:

Haha, when I was looking through the scope, my 416 Rigby felt quite like a .22LR, at 12 meters and surrounded by another 40 elephant.
 
I wonder what's inside the feet to preserve that...they are a real squishy material in real life, which is why an ele is so quiet when it wants to be.
 
FYI:
IMG_9929.jpeg
 
Right, it's all material below where the human heel would be in that photo...air on the human photo but not so in the ele foot. You've seen them walk...how the foot spreads out when weight is put on it.

"Elephants have what are known as “padded” or “cushioned” feet. Their feet consist of a thick layer of fatty tissue and connective tissue underneath the bones. This padding acts as a shock absorber, reducing the impact on their feet when they walk or run." (from Londolozi blog online)
 
Thank you @BryceM and @Green Chile, I did not know this about elephant feet.

On the frame is just the outer sole, attached to the canvas using “protruding bases” on which the soles are placed and to give them their form. There are no bones or additional tissue left inside.
 
Last edited:
They look great! I have also seen Simpli Simbi do aluminum castings from the actual feet. They can then be serving trays, wall display, etc. Even elephants that can't be exported can be cast.

Do you have any example pictures of this? Or a website link? Thanks!
 
Do you have any example pictures of this? Or a website link? Thanks!
Unfortunately, I do not have any pictures of the work. They have a booth at DSC every year but I can't find a web-site. The business is owned I believe by Buzz Charlton's wife. I hope that helps. Maybe someone who has a business card from them can get you a whatsapp #.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,440
Messages
1,576,420
Members
170,581
Latest member
Mauser123
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hornedfrogbbq wrote on Rhoyland4's profile.
Do you mind me asking what auction you are referencing? I'm not in the market for any of those rifles...just curious.

Frosty in Fort Worth
K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
 
Top