Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Europe
Hunted
Belgium, Scotland, Slovenia, South Africa, Zimbabwe
Hello esteemed AH members,

I wanted to share this rather unique piece of taxidermy that Vince from Collet’s Wildlife Artistry from Bulawayo, Zimbabwe created upon my request.

When I was thinking about the possible taxidermy that could be created out of an old elephant bull, that would actually be respectful for the animal, I was rather unimpressed by the different umbrella stands, paper bins or small seats that are commonly created out of elephant feet. So many times you read about those withered tracks, full of cracks, that signify the old age of a trophy bull elephant. Making thrash bins out of them, just did not attract me very much and on top, in the creation of these items, the pattern on the sole gets destroyed or flattened out.

I wanted something different. Something nicer. Something putting the age of the elephant more in the spotlight.

I had the skinners take off the soles only. Up to about the height of the toenails. To be then hung in a canvas covered frame. Adding the bullet that felled him, as well as a plaque with the names of those present, location and the particulars of the elephant estimated age and the shot.

Vince told me this creation was a first and had never been requested before. I think my idea was very well executed and coulnot be happier.

As a side note, those 4 soles together, without the box frame, already weigh 21kg or 46 pounds…

Image1724266561.438202.jpg

I like it!

Transportation aside, something akin to a plaster of Paris casting of a recent/final step would be interesting as well.

Beautiful, worked out great!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CameronPro

Latest profile posts

Ryanelson wrote on Sturgeondrjb's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa
HerbJohnson wrote on Triathlete3's profile.
If you have an email, I would love to be able to chat with you about J.P.H. Prohunt. My email address is [redacted]. Thanks.
Another Wildebees cull shot this morning!
We are doing a cull hunt this week!

Hyde Hunter wrote on Ontario Hunter's profile.
which East Cape Taxidermist are you referring to? I had Lauriston do my work not real happy with them. oh thanks for the advise on the mount hangers a few months ago. Jim