Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI ; Rowland Ward
Hunted
United States ; South Africa
My son, Noah (16), and I are starting to plan our next Africa safari. I have hunted SA 6 times and he has been with me on 2 of those trips which included multiple Buffalo and Lion. We are ready to hunt a new country and have started researching Elephant in Zimbabwe and Mozambique.

Would be interested in the groups thoughts on the differences between these two countries for exportable elephant hunting from price, size of elephant to expect, and any other factors you would use to determine which country you would choose.

All My Best,

Derek

As far as I know Elephant is not exportable from Mozambique to the USA so I suppose that leaves you with Zimbabwe with some top outfitters and some that advertise on the forum.

Is there still quality elephant hunting in Mozambique? It was my understanding the elephant poaching was so severe it effectively ended most elephant hunting occurring there. Elephant hunting in Zimbabwe is very stable and offers some of the best PHs available for an elephant hunt. Trophies are typically modest though 25-40 lbs except for certain areas 50+ lbs. Prices are reasonable for Zimbabwe and nearly all applications from Zimbabwe are currently being approved. You might also consider the Caprivi in Namibia but I feel Zimbabwe generally offers a better elephant hunt because the areas are larger.

As far as I know Elephant is not exportable from Mozambique to the USA so I suppose that leaves you with Zimbabwe with some top outfitters and some that advertise on the forum.

Thank you. I was unaware of that!!

Is there still quality elephant hunting in Mozambique? It was my understanding the elephant poaching was so severe it effectively ended most elephant hunting occurring there. Elephant hunting in Zimbabwe is very stable and offers some of the best PHs available for an elephant hunt. Trophies are typically modest though 25-40 lbs except for certain areas 50+ lbs. Prices are reasonable for Zimbabwe and nearly all applications from Zimbabwe are currently being approved. You might also consider the Caprivi in Namibia but I feel Zimbabwe generally offers a better elephant hunt.

Thank you!! Very helpful.

As has been said previously, you cannot import ivory from Mozambique. Zimbabwe is not difficult. While there are other countries with very good elephant hunting and importable ivory, Zimbabwe provides a great combination of very good hunting with high quality PH’s at a reasonable price point.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FredericTr

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Longfeather1 wrote on Cmwkwarrwn's profile.
Hello Clark
Thanks for the interest in my rifle. If you want to discuss it further you can email me direct at [redacted] or call my cell number [redacted].
Look forward to talking with you.
Regards,
Jack Kramer
quacker attacker wrote on JMV375's profile.
Hello, My wife and I hunted with Marius 2 years ago. He fit us into his schedule after a different outfitter "bailed" on us. He was always very good with communications and although we didn't end up meeting him personally, he called us multiple times during our hunt to make sure things were going well. We were very happy with him.
TERMINATOR wrote on Cuthberto's profile.
Reach out to the guys at Epic Outdoors.

They will steer you right for landowner tags and outfitters that have them.

I have held a membership with them for years and they are an invaluable resource.

Way better that asking random people on the internet...WAY better

Raskolnikov743 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
Skydiver386,

Did you ever find your 30-06 CZ550? I own a fairly solid conditioned one, if you wanted to talk.

[redacted]