Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Asia/M.East
Member of
SCI, DAC, NFAA
Hunted
Australia, Namibia, South Africa, UAE, USA, Zimbabwe
I am wanting to complete the Big 5/Dangerous 7 with a bow (as well as most of the other SCI slams). Barring an unforeseen accident, I am turning 53 this year and I don't know how many more years I can pull back an 85lb+ bow. I need to get all the really, really big game down before I get much older.

I took an elephant years ago in Zim. I was denied a bow permit, so I had to use a gun. I have no desire to hunt with a rifle. I know what an elephant hunt entails. I understand the risks and the miles to trek. Have taken 3 Cape buffalo and even took a water buffalo without firearm protection (something I don't wish to repeat). All three of the Cape buffalo have been one arrow kills with fast expiration times.

I will bring a camera person and have used iGala in South Africa to film 6 of my safaris so far, plus the one coming up next week in Australia. No other people will be coming along. I am willing to let the outfitter keep a copy of footage for their own promotional use, as well as fill out a hunt report.

I know South Africa and Namibia are not options as they have outlawed bows for those game. Zim is legal, but I hear they will not actually issue the needed permits - if you can get a Zim permit, I am going- I loved my time there. Botswana and Tanzania are options but very expensive. I guess Mozambique, Cameroon and Zambia are likely destinations.

The best time of the year for me to come to Africa is between May and July.

In addition to the two primary targets, I generally will take almost any animal of opportunity that I have not gotten so far. I do still need my crocodile for the D7. Hunting CV is available upon request.

I am wanting to complete the Big 5/Dangerous 7 with a bow (as well as most of the other SCI slams). Barring an unforeseen accident, I am turning 53 this year and I don't know how many more years I can pull back an 85lb+ bow. I need to get all the really, really big game down before I get much older.

I took an elephant years ago in Zim. I was denied a bow permit, so I had to use a gun. I have no desire to hunt with a rifle. I know what an elephant hunt entails. I understand the risks and the miles to trek. Have taken 3 Cape buffalo and even took a water buffalo without firearm protection (something I don't wish to repeat). All three of the Cape buffalo have been one arrow kills with fast expiration times.

I will bring a camera person and have used iGala in South Africa to film 6 of my safaris so far, plus the one coming up next week in Australia. No other people will be coming along. I am willing to let the outfitter keep a copy of footage for their own promotional use, as well as fill out a hunt report.

I know South Africa and Namibia are not options as they have outlawed bows for those game. Zim is legal, but I hear they will not actually issue the needed permits - if you can get a Zim permit, I am going- I loved my time there. Botswana and Tanzania are options but very expensive. I guess Mozambique, Cameroon and Zambia are likely destinations.

The best time of the year for me to come to Africa is between May and July.

In addition to the two primary targets, I generally will take almost any animal of opportunity that I have not gotten so far. I do still need my crocodile for the D7. Hunting CV is available upon request.

Definitely doable in Zambia for June and July.
May might be too early.

Zambia - contact PH Strang Middleton, very accomplished bowhunter himself.

Good day sir

You are welcome to contact me. I will help you plan your safari. We have options available.
You can also have a look at our website.

Looking forward to hear from you

If price is not a problem then you can definitely do it whenever you want.

As you know it is always better to bowhunt with an experienced PH that has had success with bowhunters. It’s always worth the extra $ to get a good area with many opportunities and experienced outfit to up your odds of success and not paying twice :)

Price is a problem though. I cannot afford to pay a lot and still afford all the other hunting I intent to do. Just started working on the NA Super Slam this coming season. At zero of 29 right now so lots of work to do there. Have 4 animals booked to get a good chunk towards that goal as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DemiClimps

Latest profile posts

T/C wrote on Dewald's profile.
Hi Dewald,
I am looking for a copy of Wright's "Shooting the British Double Rifle" (3E).
Please PM me (T/C) if you still have one.
Thank you very much in advance!!!
I am game for a meat and eat. My attempt at humor.
rigby 416 wrote on rifletuner's profile.
Come from cz like that.
John A Flaws wrote on Horbs's profile.
500 schuler magazine.jpg
500 schuler bore.jpg
500 and 425 rifles.jpg
500 and 425 magaizne.jpg